If My Graphics Card Doesn't Meet A Game's System Requirements, Will My Processor Rectify The Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggamer1st

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I am planning to upgrade my PC and was had just thought of something while looking over some different game requirements; Even if my Graphics Card doesn't meet the game's GPU requirements, will my Processor (which exceeds the CPU requirements performance-wise) rectify/mend this?

The specs of my PC would be:
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600K (6 cores, 6 threads, 3.60 GHz up to 4.30 GHz)
GPU - MSI NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti (2GB)
-
RAM - 8GB DDR4 (3000 Mhz)
MOBO - Any Of These (Still haven't decided)
OS - Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Game Example #1 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
If you click the hyperlink to the Steam page and navigate to the 'System Requirements' section, you will notice that my specs exceed the Minimum requirements, however fails to meet the Recommended requirements.
Despite my Graphics Card being older than the recommended one, I believe that, due to my Processor's capability to perform roughly 74% better than what is recommended, this "gap" could be "filled" (if you understand what I mean).

Game Example #2 - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
If you click the hyperlink above, you will be taken to a webpage on the PC Gamer website, detailing the system requirements of PUBG (seeming as the developers apparently don't want to state any recommended requirements themselves). Like the above example, my computer meets the Minimum requirements, however, again fails to meet the Recommended requirements.
My Graphics Card is once again the problem here, however, like in Example 1, I believe that, due to my Processor being able to perform roughly 11% better than what is recommended, this deficit could be rectified.

I understand that since this is all theoretical, it may be difficult to accurately calculate/tell what the result would be. Please keep in mind that I don't necessarily need a very accurate answer, nor do I need an answer directly related to the either of the examples above (even just a general answer would work). I don't mind technical jargon, so don't feel like you need to dumb it down at all for me :p. If any more information is needed (and you think I will be able to supply it right now) then please ask for it.

Thank You,
King

Solution
The CPU and the GPU (gfx card) work as a team in gaming. Yes, your CPU is way more than enough, but fps will still be held back by the capability of the gfx card at rendering frames per second. The GPU does all the frame rendering. No frames, nothing for the CPU to work with.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The CPU and the GPU (gfx card) work as a team in gaming. Yes, your CPU is way more than enough, but fps will still be held back by the capability of the gfx card at rendering frames per second. The GPU does all the frame rendering. No frames, nothing for the CPU to work with.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.