Question If my motherboard died how to make sure if my cpu is still alive?

Astrałł

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hello, 1 month ago my pc died and i dont know if i should buy another motherboard because i checked my mother board and psu and gpu everything seem fine but the mother board i think was the only one that failed on me... so i ask you should i buy new mother board?

I have personally never seen a cpu die. The only way to know is by testing it, maybe a friend or local shop can do this for you. However when a motherboard dies it is often a good time for a platform upgrade but this depends how old everything is and budget. It is often hard to recommend investing in obsolete hardware, please can you list full pc spec.

Astrałł

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have personally never seen a cpu die. The only way to know is by testing it, maybe a friend or local shop can do this for you. However when a motherboard dies it is often a good time for a platform upgrade but this depends how old everything is and budget. It is often hard to recommend investing in obsolete hardware, please can you list full pc spec.
Yeah, my pc is not old from the day i built it but its old by a generation my cpu is 4th gen i5-4590S and the motherboard that died on me was MSI B85M-E45, GPU EVGA GTX 950 AXC 2.0 SSC, RAM corsair vengeace ddr3 2x8GB, PSU Cooler master Elite 600 ver.3
I guess cooler of cpu and case or other things is not important.