Question If my second monitor is just used to view videos, my stream and what not, should I use my motherboard's HDMI slot?

Jul 21, 2021
So I've got 2 monitors, my 165hz monitor is my main monitor, and my 2nd monitor which is a 75hz monitor I plan to use to watch videos and view my streams, my question is I want to get the best fps possible while gaming on my main monitor, so should my secondary monitor be plugged into the GPU or the motherboard and use my iGPU?
any help will be much appreciated !

Jul 21, 2021
List full system specs first.
Your system may not even have integrated GPU. Then video output on motherboard won't even work.

Anyway - just use video outputs on discrete GPU.

oh nono, I have an iGPU, my cpu is the Ryzen 3 Pro 4350G, and i've already got everything working and displayed, currently my secondary monitor is plugged into the motherboard, so should I just change it and plug it into the GPU instead? my main monitor is a display port connection and my second monitor is a HDMI, will fps reduce if both monitors are connected to my GPU? my GPU is the GTX 1650.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You've got a lower end processor as it is. Using the integrated graphics on that processor is going to take up more processing power (likely decreasing your gaming FPS). If you must have both displays running at the same time, connect both to your discrete graphics card (GTX 1650).

-Wolf sends

Jul 21, 2021
You've got a lower end processor as it is. Using the integrated graphics on that processor is going to take up more processing power (likely decreasing your gaming FPS). If you must have both displays running at the same time, connect both to your discrete graphics card (GTX 1650).

-Wolf sends

alright then, thank you so much for the info, really helps!

Jul 21, 2021

-Wolf sends

sorry, I was also wondering, if I have both monitors plugged into my GPU wont my fps drop more if im streaming compared to if one of the monitors are plugged into my motherboard? As both of them would be running on my GPU, do tell me if im wrong.

Jul 21, 2021
You will still get a decrease, but it will be less as your graphics card is better suited to display both functions as opposed to your CPU/APU running both functions AND displaying the video.

-Wolf sends

My CPU/APU will only be used to display my stream as I said above, but based on what you said the GPU will perform better, so I guess i'll connect both my monitors to my GPU then, thanks a lot :)