Question If same price 2600x or 2700 ? sorry for this title

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 12, 2019
I am just gonna play games and I found a deal where I can get the 2700 for the same price as 2600x I mean kinda. I can get 2600x with b450 gaming plus asus MOBO or 2700 with msi a pro mobo. I don't think motherboard brand difference make a big difference ?

I would like to spend no more than 50 dollars on a cooler unless I can use a cooler for next gen CPUs after years when this CPU gets out dated.

Anyways I am sorry to bother with such questions but from my research I really didn't find any answer but random theories.

... They don't do it because they don't deem it necessary ...

I think you said it right there. And if what they're doing right now is doing the job...that is, pushing the CPU to IT'S limits...then why throw in the extra expense?

And by 'pushing it to it's limits' I'm really talking about the top-tier boards...like CH VII Hero and it's ilk. These boards are the victims of market segmentation so what they do makes good business sense. They don't want people posting extreme overclocks on bargain basement boards and upstaging those $400+ monsters.

The bottom line is: we just make do with what they shovel us.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
The asus tuf b450 Pro board is the one i was going with today, although, I read somewhere something about 'pin outs' and 'F panel' and connections to the front panel buttons and leds and that the Asus instructions did not even address the issue in their manual.
A friend is building me a system and i don't want him to run into (m)any problems. Thanks