[SOLVED] If single channel RAM performed better than dual channel RAM, what can we conclude from that?

ziqkimi

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
Dual channel is better than single. Yes. But I am talking about my situation right now.

So does that means the dual channel is not compatible? Because the ram pair is not identical? How to know if the 2 ram is a good combination to run as dual channel?

**Btw, this difference of performance I measured based only on my observation. I don't really what tools to use to measure RAM performance.

Solution
Use hwinfo and check the ram speed there dual and single and then see which is actually faster. You can't really see the speed at which ram is doing its work--it is too fast. And there's always storage involved which is probably what is messing with you.
Use hwinfo and check the ram speed there dual and single and then see which is actually faster. You can't really see the speed at which ram is doing its work--it is too fast. And there's always storage involved which is probably what is messing with you.

Solution