[SOLVED] If You Had To Choose (which gpu out of the 2?)

Skankie

Reputable
Jul 24, 2017
If You Had To Choose (which gpu out of the 2?)

Building my first pc for gaming. Last piece of the puzzle is graphics card. I have a budget of up to £400 for this and want it to be MSI. I am using an i5-9600K cpu.

I'm not experienced in pc building (hence this being my first), so would appreciate reasoning behind why you choose a particular one)

Here are the 2 options for my budget:

1-
MSI 2060 Super Armor OC
Price £390
White and black design which matches my white build, with white rgb msi logo
8GB GDDR6 Memory
Cores - 2176 Units
Base Clock - 1470 MHz
Boost Clock - 1680 MHz
https://www.box.co.uk/RTX-2060-SUPE...19&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

2-
MSI 2070 Ventus GT
Price £390
Silver and black design, does not match colour scheme and does not have rgb logo (I would never compromise performance over aesthetic, but for me this is a negative in comparison)
8GB GDDR6 Memory
Cores - 2304 Units
Base Clock - 1410 MHz
Boost Clock - 1620 MHz
https://www.box.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-RT...73&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

A brief summary in my inexperienced opinion:
Option 1, the 2060 super armor, has higher clock rates and a much nicer look inside my case, however all of my other non-expert friends tell me I would be stupid not getting the 2070, but can't give a good reason why.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Solution
As far as performance....they are close but the 2070 is a bit faster.

I think what it comes down to is.....what resolution and fps are you shooting for?

At 1080p.....I think either card will work spectacular.

If you run at 1440p......then you will get more fps with the 2070....but not a ton more.

I think what it comes down to is.....what resolution and fps are you shooting for?

If you run at 1440p......then you will get more fps with the 2070....but not a ton more.

Reactions: boju
Solution

Skankie

Reputable
Jul 24, 2017

Thanks Jay that's helpful!