If you had to choose...

rustyd79

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
If you had to choose 4-5 troubleshooting tools to place on a usb or disk, what would they be?

I ask this becasue I bought a new high end pc and after I got it set up, I was rushed to the hospital for a week - 1/2.
So now, I am paranoid as I never did place any security s/w on it before I had to leave. It's a Win7 OS (specs in sig).

I will keep looking on site here at Tom's, but have yet to find anything outlining what I Really need. I did get Malwarebytes and have since installed Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security.

Also, Not sure what they did to Firefox, but man... I went back to IE even though I have been using FF for years.

Finally, there is no specific problem that I can see now, however, I have 2 other PCs that really need attention as hand-me-downs (xp and vista) both of which need to be checked, wiped etc...

If there is already a thread on this, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me to it.

Thank you!

Solution
You only need two: Daemon Tools Lite (for virtual disk drive) with the latest Ultimate Boot CD

Ideally I'd put Avast on it, but their exe's are only good for a time period. What I like about Avast is the boot time scan. It's helped me out a lot.

Edit: It looks like there is a UBCD version that will run directly off of a thumb drive so that takes it down to one tool that you need...

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
You only need two: Daemon Tools Lite (for virtual disk drive) with the latest Ultimate Boot CD

Ideally I'd put Avast on it, but their exe's are only good for a time period. What I like about Avast is the boot time scan. It's helped me out a lot.

Edit: It looks like there is a UBCD version that will run directly off of a thumb drive so that takes it down to one tool that you need...

Solution