Question If you have an RX 580, what have been your experiences with overheating and crashes?

smmm

Great
Aug 14, 2019
Recently one of my friends purchased a secondhand XFX Black Edition RX 580 8 GB, but had many troubles with game crashes. It seems when the card reaches exactly 70 degrees, games crash to desktop. I was considering getting a RX 580 myself, but my friend's experience gave me second thoughts. If you own a RX 580, have you had similar problems to this? I don't know how widespread this issue is and I would like to get more information before considering picking one up.

Thanks!

King_V

Distinguished
My son's PowerColor RX 580 8GB AXRX has been trouble-free. He's had it since December 2018. Haven't really monitored the temperatures, but there are one or two games he plays where the fan speed ramps up noticeably.

smmm

Great
Aug 14, 2019
70c is not overheating. I would RMA that card.

I have an RX480 (basically a lower clocked 580) and it has been pretty good. No crashes or anything. It does run a little hot, however.
They got it off ebay a while ago, so I'm not sure about the warranty situation on it. Thanks for the input!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS