IGP320M Vs. IGP320

Hi. I have a compaq laptop with the Radeon IGP 320M chipset.

the lastest driver release that HP supplies for this is from june 2003. If
i download the lastest radeon drivers from ati, it tells me i dont have any
compatible hardware installed, but i can 'force' install the latest IGP 320
(there is none designated IGP 320M) and the video performance is perfect,
and all the features of the driver/software package are available and
working blah blah.. my question is: is there any negative consequences to
runninng the latest radeon driver which does not have the "M" designation?
any chance of hardware damage? I figured at worst, the non M driver may not
incorporate some power saving feature of the M chipset... any comments are
appreciated.

I ran Ati Radeon 9000 drivers on my Mobility Radeon9000 for about 4 monthhs,
no problem at all. You DO loose powersaving features.

However, I recomend you try the "DH mod tool". Instructions are provided.

http://www.driverheaven.net/index.php

look at the left for "Mobility Modder".

Alternately, Try the Omega drivers, also available on same site.