iGPU don't appear in BIOS

coryhenrique

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Hello, I have an ASUS motherboard model P8Z77-M that I updated the BIOS to the latest version directly from the ASUS offical website, when the computer restarted nothing appeared on the screen, it only appears when I connect the VGA cable on the video card. So, I went in to check if there was a way to choose the Intel integrated GPU and nothing there. My BIOS should show the iGPU option.

Here is the image of where it should have contain the iGPU:

https://imgur.com/a/NBgGb

Note. i7-3770K

coryhenrique

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
I found the solution, the problem was NVRAM, I flashed with AMI software, called AMI FLASH, using the original ASUS BIOS, cleanning and flashing the NVRAM too.

If someone has the same problem, here is the site:
https://ami.com/en/products/bios-uefi-tools-and-utilities/bios-uefi-utilities/

Thanks!

pianotiago

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
coryhenrique,

I have exacly the same problem.

Can you describle, step by step the method to revert?

Thank you.

coryhenrique

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017

Sorry for the delay, did you solve the problem? If not, I can give you a few steps to fix it, just reply me.

Thank you.

pianotiago

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

I did not solte it. Plese, Help me. it's driving me crazy,

coryhenrique

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017

Okay, I need some info:

-What did you do before the issue? (eg. installed a new OS, new software, new graphic card)
-What's your motherboard model?
-What's your operating system?
-Did you try remove discrete graphic card and turn on the computer? If yes, what happened?

Thank you.

Feb 20, 2019
I found the solution, the problem was NVRAM, I flashed with AMI software, called AMI FLASH, using the original ASUS BIOS, cleanning and flashing the NVRAM too.

If someone has the same problem, here is the site:

Thanks!
hi, i have the same problem. i you happen to be here or read this, can you provide help?
i haven't installed any new software or anything. tried to play a game and then black screen. my mobo is asus b75m-a. i run win 10. when i removed the dedicated gpu nothing happened at all.