[SOLVED] IGPU problems with Standard video adapter

Apr 10, 2020
I'm trying to install my RX570 without any possibility of my onboard gpu being installed with it. I've installed DDU, cleaned intel and AMD, and disabled everything I can find relating to my onboard graphics in the bios (Asrock Z77 Extreme4, selected PCI Express and disabled IGPU Multi-monitor)

After I cleaned everything so no drivers were installed, I went back to 'device manager' and seen something like 'Standard VGA (or video) Adapter' What is that? I'm hoping it wasn't anything to do with onboard graphics because I've done everything I can to disable it.

Thank you for any help. This is frustrating.

Solution
I thought having an ipgu at the same time causes problems? Like the two not working well together? I'm no expert here but I've come across that advice a lot. I've seen lot's of threads where people ask about disabling their ipgu.

No, there is no conflict with having the iGPU driver installed at the same time. Disabling the iGPU altogether can be done in the BIOS if there is in fact an issue, however that's for certain circumstances. Otherwise when you plug your monitor into the GPU it will disable the iGPU automatically upon startup.

You are in search of a problem. Just leave it alone, install your RX570 drivers and use the computer.
Apr 10, 2020
When you use a GPU it disables the iGPU all together and not installing the iGPU drivers serves really no purpose.

As far as the VGA Driver its probably using a generic driver until you install the AMD drivers.
It's just, I've seen people notice the same thing as me with my ipgu. Even if there is a dedicated card, there will always be something that tries to install. Only recently have I disabled 'IGPU Multi-monitor' which has finally gotten rid of something in devices called 'Video controller' I'm just paranoid the igpu is still present, somehow.

It's just, I've seen people notice the same thing as me with my ipgu. Even if there is a dedicated card, there will always be something that tries to install. Only recently have I disabled 'IGPU Multi-monitor' which has finally gotten rid of something in devices called 'Video controller' I'm just paranoid the igpu is still present, somehow.

Windows will install drivers. Again I don't know why you care if its installing the iGPU driver. You will want the driver if you ever have an issue with your 570.

Apr 10, 2020
Windows will install drivers. Again I don't know why you care if its installing the iGPU driver. You will want the driver if you ever have an issue with your 570.
I thought having an ipgu at the same time causes problems? Like the two not working well together? I'm no expert here but I've come across that advice a lot. I've seen lot's of threads where people ask about disabling their ipgu.

No, there is no conflict with having the iGPU driver installed at the same time. Disabling the iGPU altogether can be done in the BIOS if there is in fact an issue, however that's for certain circumstances. Otherwise when you plug your monitor into the GPU it will disable the iGPU automatically upon startup.

You are in search of a problem. Just leave it alone, install your RX570 drivers and use the computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS