Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2021
So three months ago I switched from a GTX 1050Ti to the internal graphics of my i7 7700 and right away everything the image began to stutter, freezing and blacking out shortly after (sound crashing as well). Then, a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSoD popped up. I reinstalled Windows and installed updated versions of all the drivers to no avail at first, then I took the PC apart to clean it figuring it had something to do with dust getting in the way of something, accidentally resetting the BIOS to its default settings on the way. When I powered the computer up again, it crashed sporadically, and finally, the issue progressively disappeared, until yesterday.

I tried to edit video on Premiere (nothing fancy, SD footage) and the Unsupported Video Driver issue showed. I fixed it by installing the driver recommended by Adobe, and the aforementioned issues, save for the BSoD, appeared again, with graphics and sound crashing every 30 minutes or so, mostly depending on how much I load the iGPU. This time, however, I ran stress tests on both CPU (Prime95, couple of hours) and iGPU (FurMark): zero issues with them. Then I checked the temperatures, and I found that the CPU was constantly running at the mid 80s-mid 90s, regardless of the usage. (I've yet to determine if the next crash occurs when it hits 100.)

What to do next? Update the drivers? Replace the CPU cooler? Get another discreet graphics card? As a side note, I'm using a generic PSU (big mistake, I know, been using them all the time with no issues though).

My system:
  • Motherboard: MSI B250 Krait Gaming
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 7700 (non-K)
  • RAM: Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 2400
  • GPU: iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 630)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.