Iiyama Launches the X2377HS 23-inch Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't know Iiyama? Aside from BenQ's and Korean imports, they have some of the best high-high-end monitors out there.

timon_tablet

Honorable
May 15, 2013
I have had ever bought Iiyama's top-model CRT monitor at 2003, but it got failed just less than 30 days, and then I taken teardown its cover a look, oh! my god, really bad electronic technology! Many electronic elements were a pell-mell manner it pieced together on the main PCB's backside here and there, that were lacking good design, they were also not willing to redesign the PCB version II while a trial-produced whereafter. Iiyama thought their clients would not take a look into inside the monitor.

That is merely a pretty shell (indeed of a pretty Iiyama shell, just so so), but inside the bad design and electronic technology! The Iiyama monitor's imaging quality is also not satisfying, compared to others.

Iiyama is a small company at Japan, they are lacking strength.
if you wanted to buy a product came from Japan's a small company, that you must be cautious, like Iiyama monitor and Pentax camera (nowadays), etc...,
Japanese products are usually major companies to do better, if you had done badly that it could become a third-rate company.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
TIMON_TABLET,

judge the product, not the brand. yes bad stuff also comes from good companies. I assume your monitor was cheap. Anyway, this is why I always head over to good ol Microcenter, Best Buy or whatever to view sceens before I buy.

timon_tablet

Honorable
May 15, 2013
@JPNpower

No, you are wrong,

That is Iiyama's a topmost-model CRT monitor at 2003,
Not cheaper than others, but it was really bad.

a top-model = a topmost model, Ok?

timon_tablet

Honorable
May 15, 2013
@JPNpower

in other points you are still possible inaccurate,

I have had ever taken some photos inside the Iiyama topmost-model CRT monitor, have not yet post it to internet, but my friend ever seen the photos.

Emphasis mine. You're talking about a bad experience you had with a company ten years ago. How many small (or even many large) tech companies survive ten years without becoming DRASTICALLY different? It works just like tires or hard drives - what's absolutely awful one year could be great two years after that. The high-end 120 Hz or 1440p+ monitors they produce are excellent pieces of work.

timon_tablet

Honorable
May 15, 2013
to DarkSable

Iiyama is still a third-rate company as a ruthless fact.
Iiyama's a poor salesman foams up some poor big words but is incapable to tamper with the fact.

For the monitor, I would choose from Mitsubishi, Dell, NEC, HP, or EIZO (more expensive than others), that is no longer Iiyama monitor.
I have already got experience.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
My other point was, judge the product, not the brand. You should agree with that. Whether that be the top end Iiyama, or the iron clad Dell.

A friend of mine thinks just like you, just with Seagate Hard Drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.