IIyama vs Sony: diamondtron vs trinitron

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SDLeMire

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
This is starting to get ridiculous. Maybe you guys can put down your pom-poms now. Every make and model of monitor can have difference, they are almost like thumbprints. I think most of the time you get what you pay for with monitors and the price/quality ratio goes up exponentially. I've used 2 diamondtron tubes and liked them both very much. Even my Viewsonic PF790 is very nice to me.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Yeah, your comments are very relevant. ll

<i>maybe i have now to recharge my pom-pom...</i>

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
no, not really. it speaks for mitsubishi's reputable history that everyone knows except you.

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Yes, I agree. The variance between monitors can be as great as that between different models/brands. Generally, high price and reputable heritage means something especially in the high end lineup.

badlog simply won't accept that iiyama has been generally been known as one of the better value monitors. He fails to acknowledge mitsubishi's reputation as generally top notch. This is the main point I've been trying convey to go-bald, simple for those who've researched.

His statements are psuedo-objective that I feared he would mislead many. I had to correct his/her obstinate and childish prattle more than flash my own pom poms.

No, doubt you too noticed his/her rather obnoxious, vexing, and incoherent interjections. I had to scratch the itch.

I hope i've not littered too much in my mutual condescension with oldbag. I can only hope the trails contain some reviews and information sought by the hungry who come here to feed. I know I that's why I came here, and am grateful.

forgive the corny anagrams, I couldn't resist!

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.

SDLeMire

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
Much like how your comments were irrelevant in the other thread.

Ok, I think it's a waste of time trying to have any discussion with Labdog. Everybody just say he's right and we're wrong and leave it at that. No use dealing with thick skulls.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
HaHa, Yeah,

Peace & Prosperity. :)
Have a Nice Day.

Lab -

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Why don't you just go into a store, tell the assistant you are about to dish out a $1000+ dollars on a [-peep-] huge monitor and ask him if he would care to let you try a few out before you buy it.

Test them for as long as you care to and then decide for YOURSELF which one shows the best image and buy it. In the end YOU will be gawping at that thing for the longest and so only YOU can decide which one is best....the reviewers can only recommend that you look at something. You already know what you want to look at .... now go look at it and stop this dumb thread.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
haha.
why dont you keep those thinly grimly harshly slyly cunningly cuttingly advices for yourself, kid? hehe.               :smile: