Intel with no OS installed
Other than the intel 160gb with Ubuntu I get no video
Remove Disk 0,1, and 2 then the PC see's the other drives
bad MB? The drives are fine
dm.jpg

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
And how exactly are you installing 6 sata drives, if motherboard has only 5 sata ports?

Anyway - disable secure boot.
I'm not
Disk 0 installed inside pc
Disk 1 installed inside pc
Disk 2 installed insdie pc
when I try the others (one at a time) it is in a eSATA case
I have to remove one the drives inside the pc and run the one remove from the eSATA case...still no go, unless I remove all the drives inside the pc from the MB

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
I think your boot partition is trying to boot from a wrong partition in a wrong drive. Then when you remove the drive that has that wrong partition, the boot is forced to use the second choice which happens to be the right one.

But in this scenario, you still have to see some sort of error message that OS was not found.

So.... maybe I am wrong. But it might be worth considering backing up all the data and fresh install multiple OSes by connecting only one drive at a time, then add rest of the drives later.

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
I think your boot partition is trying to boot from a wrong partition in a wrong drive. Then when you remove the drive that has that wrong partition, the boot is forced to use the second choice which happens to be the right one.

But in this scenario, you still have to see some sort of error message that OS was not found.

So.... maybe I am wrong. But it might be worth considering backing up all the data and fresh install multiple OSes by connecting only one drive at a time, then add rest of the drives later.
When I got this MB I did just, only had one SSD installed, installed Wind10, remove that one and installed the other ssd then installed win11, did the same with the Linux SSD's
I thinking maybe bad MB
Now that one linux ssd did at one time had Win 10 on it but I don't diskpart clean many times in it since