[SOLVED] I'm 90% Sure I have a trojan. Please help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
my computer is infested with virus. i tried to think of a joke for that one but couldn't.
The way you do an "investigation" with stuff like this is to do a full forensic clone copy off to some other isolated hardware.
Then, on this main system....you wipe it clean.

Any playing around and "GOTCHA!" can continue to happen under controlled conditions on the other box.

Unless you like playing fast and loose with with your data, on a system that is known to be compromised.

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
Okay so... The whole downloading drivers thing was a bit messy. Nvvoida was acting all weird and stuff soo.. yeah.
Also, some system files were missing so I googled around for quite a while and I think I got them. The game now works with whatever I got but I guess some sort of little follower came with them. I wonder if there's a way to trace the address that the crypto is being sent to, if I have a crypto miner that is.
Time will tell, hopefully my pc doesn't blow up in the meantime but I doubt it will considering I'm most likely making him bank! 0.00001btc an hour. sommabitch.

USAFRet

Titan
Okay so... The whole downloading drivers thing was a bit messy. Nvvoida was acting all weird and stuff soo.. yeah.
Also, some system files were missing so I googled around for quite a while and I think I got them. The game now works with whatever I got but I guess some sort of little follower came with them. I wonder if there's a way to trace the address that the crypto is being sent to, if I have a crypto miner that is.
Time will tell, hopefully my pc doesn't blow up in the meantime but I doubt it will considering I'm most likely making him bank! 0.00001btc an hour. sommabitch.
If a family member brought their system to me in this condition...they'd get it back in an hour or so.
Fully wiped and with a fresh OS install.

"trace the address that the crypto is being sent to"
WHY? What will that do?

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
The PUPs are located in the same directory as that reddit posts miner location... HMMMM. more investigating is needed.