Im about to off myself

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Alright, so I got this little crappy Compaq thats about 10 years old with an Athlon Xp 1800 1.5ghz cpu in it. I was planning on putting a few emulators on it. Snes, N64, things like that. The snes emulator works fine but im getting pretty bad frames with the N64 emu, so I thought hey lets throw in this crappy little Radeon 9250 Pci video card and see if it works better. I should have known better than to put something in a pre-built because obviously they weren't meant to do so, right.

Anyway, installed the card, installed the drivers, uninstalled the old drivers. Starts up, shows windows loading screen fine. Then when it tried to show me my desktop and whatnot its just two little pixels at the top of the screen and then blackness. I mean, it boots and everything, the little startup noise goes but it just wont display a damn thing. I have never in my life had this much trouble installing a video card. Is compaq serious with this, i mean really I am at my wits end here. Doubt im going to get any help here but I thought i'd give it a shot.

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Alright I got it, I had to enable "VGA Adapter" in the boot screen for some reason. Stupid pre-builts.....anyway still cant play N64 games very well but its a little better than it was. It also seems to lag when im playing videos, how crappy. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.