[SOLVED] im about to order these components are they good enough?

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
They look pretty good to me, my only concern is the RAM. Ryzen CPUs are picky when it comes to what type of RAM you install. And unless you're overclocking your PC, there's no need to have RAM with frequency higher than the motherboard supports, or it'll just bottle neck down to the maximum supported RAM frequency. Here's the document that lists the supported RAM for Ryzen CPUs:

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
They look pretty good to me, my only concern is the RAM. Ryzen CPUs are picky when it comes to what type of RAM you install. And unless you're overclocking your PC, there's no need to have RAM with frequency higher than the motherboard supports, or it'll just bottle neck down to the maximum supported RAM frequency. Here's the document that lists the supported RAM for Ryzen CPUs:

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf
so i should get 2x8 1600MHz to get to 3200Mhz? im not good with ram
im also gonna overcloack my cpu yes

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
That build is almost identical to mine except for the RAM kit.
I strongly suggest that you buy the RAM kit listed in my signature because I can guarantee that it will be compatible with your motherboard and CPU and can even be Overclocked if you want.
G.Skill sells my same RAM kit as AMD compatible which has an X added to the model number but it tends to cost a bit more.
But the X version is not really necessary.
FYI,
The RAM kit I linked is the same kit that I have and I run it at 3400 MHz with my Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz and my PC is 100% stable.

Last edited:

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
You can But if you do you are talking the risk that when you add the second stick of RAM it will Not be 100% compatible with the first stick and then both sticks will only run at 2133 MHz.
You would be much better off getting a 2x8 GB kit even if you have to wait a while to save up for it.
but it's the same model how can it not be compatible? they also have a XPG profiles so i can make them both 3200 MHz.