Question I'm at a lost FPS issue

Aug 28, 2019
About a month ago my computer did a windows update, ever since then after about an hour of use my computer will lag. It will be fine for about 5 mins then for example typing this message my keyboard input would take a few seconds to enter in. Videos will also lag, stutter. I have been monitoring temperatures cpu has hit a max of 46 c. When im playing for example league my fps will be 200, then it will drop to about 30 then shoot right back up. I tested it with overwatch as well. Started up the game turned on the FPS display and had a steady 70 fps, then it would drop to about 20 and go right back up.

I ran Memory Diagnostics that came back with no issues, did a fresh install of windows 10, installed AIDA64 and ran a stress test on cpu. Temps only got to 54 c, my gpu temps go to about 65 when playing overwatch which is normal. Not sure what to troubleshoot next. Could it be my SSD is failing?

Any thoughts on why my computer might be lagging randomly?

Im using a AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus gtx 1070
16gb of RAM

About a month ago my computer did a windows update, ever since then after about an hour of use my computer will lag. It will be fine for about 5 mins then for example typing this message my keyboard input would take a few seconds to enter in. Videos will also lag, stutter. I have been monitoring temperatures cpu has hit a max of 46 c. When im playing for example league my fps will be 200, then it will drop to about 30 then shoot right back up. I tested it with overwatch as well. Started up the game turned on the FPS display and had a steady 70 fps, then it would drop to about 20 and go right back up.

I ran Memory Diagnostics that came back with no issues, did a fresh install of windows 10, installed AIDA64 and ran a stress test on cpu. Temps only got to 54 c, my gpu temps go to about 65 when playing overwatch which is normal. Not sure what to troubleshoot next. Could it be my SSD is failing?

Any thoughts on why my computer might be lagging randomly?

Im using a AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus gtx 1070
16gb of RAM

Have you checked Task Manager to see what process might be loading down the system during that time? I'd start TM and have it running then alt-tab to it when the lagging starts.

Aug 28, 2019
I have done this. My cpu, memory, hdd and gpu do not shoot up when it does the lag. It's like a really short stutter. But nothing shoots up to 100% usage. I will have to take a look at what services are going when this happens.