Im building a new pc am i right with going with am4 2600x and upgrade each zen, instead of intel 8600k.

So, to save $50 now, you are going to plan to spend $200 now , but plan on spending another $250-$300 next year when Ryzen 3000 releases, in the hopes that it delivers 'faster than 8600K' gaming performance then?

Plan might be perfectly valid, but, there might be excessive amounts of 'if' moments...

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
As stated by mdd1963, your logic is correct, but its based on too many possible outcomes. Sure AMD has promised to keep AM4 relevant till 2020 and that is an advantage for going towards Ryzen. But with the current competition in the CPU market, Intel might also step up their CPU game by a fair bit considering they haven't improved much since 3rd gen (i7 3770k is still a pretty powerful chip in terms of gaming)

If you do anything that requires multiple threads, especially 4 or more, without a doubt go with AMD.

If you cant decide, let personal preference do the thing. Difference between AMD and Intel in gaming is not alot and you probably wont notice it.

If you want a 2600X, go ahead and buy it. Do not count on unannounced product specs.

2600X will be fine for your usage which I imagine is primarily gaming.

If you are considering the i5-8600K, I would wait a few weeks for the 9th gen i5-9700K
It will be a stronger overclocker expected to go past 5.0.
For gaming, that is all important.

On your build, I have a few thoughts.

1. A single large storage space is easier to manage.
I would buy a single Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd The sequential pcie speeds are nice but most of the work is random and performance is hardly impacted. The cost will be similar and you get 250gb more. Or, go with the 960/970 evo 1tb.

2. I like the case. All you really need is two added 120mm front intakes.
Whatever comes in the front will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
Adding extra fans will draw in unfiltered air and destroy the filtering done by the front intakes.

3. Your case can support a 160mm air cooler.
I recommend the noctua nh-D15s.
It will be cheaper, cool equally well as the h100, be quieter, easier to install, and will not leak.