[SOLVED] I'm building a PC and it isn't powering on

Nov 4, 2020
I have a

MSI Tomahawk B450 Max,

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X,

MSI GTX 1660 Super OC,

Seasonic Focus GX-650,

2x8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4

When connecting the PSU to the included Jumper, the fan spins and any connected components turn on, however, when connected to the Mobo, the EZ Debug LED does not turn on, pressing the power button on the case does nothing except for the fact that I can now press the Flash BIOS Button and an LED next to it flashes Red. Other than that the PC does not Post and none of the connected components turn on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
What specifically is that LED that flashes red?

Does the following User Manual link a match to your motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C02v1.5.pdf

EZ-Debug information is on physically numbered page 38

Review the build and especially all of the connections you have made via physically numbered Pages 26 and 27.

Then look at each connector and corresponding port. Look for signs of damage, debris, or an improper fit (tilted, bare metal showing, kinked or pinched wires, etc..)

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

What do you mean by "included jumper"? The "paperclip test"?

Use the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the installation documentation for all components to double check all connections.,

No one wants to force a connection of any sort but a connection that may seem to be in place is actually not in place.

Power off, unplug, open the case.

Use a bright flashlight to view and touch to examine all connections. Carefully unplug and re-plug all connections a few times and try again.

Nov 4, 2020
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

What do you mean by "included jumper"? The "paperclip test"?

Use the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the installation documentation for all components to double check all connections.,

No one wants to force a connection of any sort but a connection that may seem to be in place is actually not in place.

Power off, unplug, open the case.

Use a bright flashlight to view and touch to examine all connections. Carefully unplug and re-plug all connections a few times and try again.
PSU is a Seasonic Focus GX-650, 650 Watts, Brand New
I have tried all those steps a few times but to no avail.
I've also tried removing everything except the PSU, CPU, AIO, MOBO & 1 DIMM
The PSU's Fan spins when using the included Jumper which, yes, is just the paper clip test
The PSU does not have a voltage switch and switches voltages automatically

Ralston18

Titan
What specifically is that LED that flashes red?

Does the following User Manual link a match to your motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C02v1.5.pdf

EZ-Debug information is on physically numbered page 38

Review the build and especially all of the connections you have made via physically numbered Pages 26 and 27.

Then look at each connector and corresponding port. Look for signs of damage, debris, or an improper fit (tilted, bare metal showing, kinked or pinched wires, etc..)

Solution