Im building my first ever gaming rig, help !!

zacjr12345

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Here are the specs
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HbBQ3F

it said $2123 but really the price in my country for all of this is about $2300 (fck that)

yes this rig is for pure gaming at 1080p maxed out settings (or high) on every triple A titles (maybe not every games...) i expect fps to be high (80~90)

Monitor :
https://www.amazon.com/LG-27MP59G-P-27-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B06XFGCKL6

Keyboard and mouse :
SteelSeries Rival 310
Corsair K70 RGB Rapid Fire Cherry MX Speed Switch

Headphone :
PewDiePie Razer Kraken Pro V2 Gaming Headset - Yes

i wanna save some money by buying the m.2 instead of the ssd, what do you think ?

And if i have a ssd, should i go back to WD blue series rather than buying the black series and save some money for more storage ? Like 2tb black series is about the same money as the 3tb blue series right ?? But in my case, WD blue 7200 rpm is not available only the black

Solution
No problems using an M.2. It'll save some cabling and mounting inside the case which is nice. I'd consider a 512MB version of the SSD. The 256GB version will fill fast with some game installs. It's nice to install games on the SSD to decrease loading times.

The WD Blue vs Black is not a big deal for a storage drive. The Black may have a better warranty is all. The blue might be preferable to decrease noise. I would highly recommend a 512GB SSD for now and if budget is a big deal just add a storage drive in the future or an external USB storage drive.

Also consider the 8700k which is a newer generation and faster.

The one problem I see is that the monitor is a Freesync monitor and the Video card supports GSync. You...

gondo

Distinguished
No problems using an M.2. It'll save some cabling and mounting inside the case which is nice. I'd consider a 512MB version of the SSD. The 256GB version will fill fast with some game installs. It's nice to install games on the SSD to decrease loading times.

The WD Blue vs Black is not a big deal for a storage drive. The Black may have a better warranty is all. The blue might be preferable to decrease noise. I would highly recommend a 512GB SSD for now and if budget is a big deal just add a storage drive in the future or an external USB storage drive.

Also consider the 8700k which is a newer generation and faster.

The one problem I see is that the monitor is a Freesync monitor and the Video card supports GSync. You should get a GSync monitor or keep that monitor and get an AMD Vega video card that supports Freesync. It's a nice monitor however, being IPS and Freesync.

Solution
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($364.79 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.37 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($158.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($199.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ Newegg)
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition Video Card ($589.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $1791.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-05 05:51 EST-0500

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080/

gondo

Distinguished

The 1080 is not available at that price. It's listed as sold out at Bestbuy.