[SOLVED] I'm changing motherboards for the first time, I wouldn't need any additional cables?

Jun 15, 2019
Hey I'm basically doing a new build at this point. I ordered a Asus - M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard.

I'm currently using a Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 if this information is any help, I was wondering if I need any additional cables for this new Asus motherboard. I'm using a Corsair Carbide 275 R case with this also

Solution
A new build with AM3+? I hope you are just replacing the motherboard in an existing PC that has failed. Not much sense in building a new AM3 system. On that topic, if you wanted this one to last, you might consider a higher end AM3+ motherboard a 970 or 990FX chipset.

You shouldn't need any new cables if you aren't changing out anything else. Boxed motherboards will come with SATA cables and a few other things specific to motherboards. But generally all the rest of the cabling is handled by your power supply and case.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A new build with AM3+? I hope you are just replacing the motherboard in an existing PC that has failed. Not much sense in building a new AM3 system. On that topic, if you wanted this one to last, you might consider a higher end AM3+ motherboard a 970 or 990FX chipset.

You shouldn't need any new cables if you aren't changing out anything else. Boxed motherboards will come with SATA cables and a few other things specific to motherboards. But generally all the rest of the cabling is handled by your power supply and case.

Solution