Question im completely lost

May 7, 2022
My PC stopped working suddenly. The cpu light on my B450 Motherboard is red and I get a black screenm The RGB lights and all fans turn on. I went to my friends place with a simlar AMD build. We swaped my CPU in his PC and it worked fine. Same went for RAM and GPU. We then used his PCU on my PC and the same issue persisted. I assumed it was the motherboard so I bought a new one, reinstalled everything and the issue is still there. Red light on board. I'm completely lost. Please does anyone have ideas

My Specs:
RAM: 2x8GB ddr4 corsair
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: Sapphire Raden 580
Storage: M.2 WD SSD + 7200rpm harddrive
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please include the make and model of the PSU as well as the age of said unit? When you state buying a new board, did you buy the exact same board but new or did you get another board that's supposed to support your processor out of the box? Which two slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? It's possible that your PSU might be at fault or that you have a grounding issue.

Reactions: pleasehelpme1111
May 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please include the make and model of the PSU as well as the age of said unit? When you state buying a new board, did you buy the exact same board but new or did you get another board that's supposed to support your processor out of the box? Which two slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? It's possible that your PSU might be at fault or that you have a grounding issue.
Thank you for the comment. This is the PSU I'm using: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE. I've had my PC for 4 years. The reason I don't believe its a PSU issue is I used my friends working PSU from his build on my PC and I had the same issue. It could be a grounding problem like you say but my system was working fine for years. I did buy a brand new board of the same model and I populated slots 2 and 4 as stated on the user manuel. I've called PC repair shops in my area and they told me I did most of the work, that I could bring my system in but theres no guarantee they can fix it. I'm stuck idk what to do honestly.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, then can you state the make and model as well as the age of your friend's PSU is? Since you sourced the same board, can you verify what BIOS version is on said motherboard? Slots A2 and B2? Your motherboard has a BIOS Flash Button, perhaps try and use the function as stated in page 40 in your motherboard manual with the latest BIOS on it.