I'm Confused about all differences between AMD Graphic Drivers

Aug 29, 2018
hi
as you know there are several drivers with same category and i don't know should i install them all and couldn't be a conflict between them?
there for what is your suggestion for :

1- AMD.Radeon.Software.Adrenalin.Edition.v18.7.1
2- AMD Catalyst Drivers 15.7
3- AMD chipset driver

do i have to install them all?!!
or one of them
is that mean there are different drivers for AMD mainboard chipset and graphic card witch should be installed both?

although my main board is msi-990-fx GD-80 - Crossfire of R9-270X- OC , Sapphire . and main,B doesn't have onboard graphic
so witch ones should i install?
and what is with all these similar drivers?!
i mean shouldn't one driver usually do all things
and finally i want best result for gaming so please guide me what to do?
THX

Solution
You need both, but you can skip Adrenalin.

The Catalyst is your AMD graphic driver. The AMD chipset driver is like the name: a chipset driver. Your mainboard might be from MSI, that means the firmware comes from MSI, but the chipset driver comes from AMD (like you need an intel chipset driver for mainboards for Intel processors). A mainboard for AMD processors always using AMD chipsets. The mainboard manufactuer (in your case MSI) makes the mainboard and puts the AMD chipset chips and a lot of additional stuff together on the board.

Graphic driver and Chipset Driver you want to keep updated. The Adrenalin software is just a tool from AMD. It's optional and has nothing to do with drivers.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
You need both, but you can skip Adrenalin.

The Catalyst is your AMD graphic driver. The AMD chipset driver is like the name: a chipset driver. Your mainboard might be from MSI, that means the firmware comes from MSI, but the chipset driver comes from AMD (like you need an intel chipset driver for mainboards for Intel processors). A mainboard for AMD processors always using AMD chipsets. The mainboard manufactuer (in your case MSI) makes the mainboard and puts the AMD chipset chips and a lot of additional stuff together on the board.

Graphic driver and Chipset Driver you want to keep updated. The Adrenalin software is just a tool from AMD. It's optional and has nothing to do with drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS