I'm confused, integrated graphics or none?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey guys, I just want to know if this motherboard has integrated graphics : Asus P8H61-M LX.

I'm asking because on the Asus site it states in the specifications that it has a "Integrated Graphics Processor", here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61M_LX/#specifications

But on Newegg it says in the Overview and in Details that there is no "Onboard Video Chipset" :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131787

So which one is it? Can I or not run a system using this motherboard without having a dedicated video card? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Let me correct it.
The board DOESN'T have integrated graphics.
The board have a video connection path to the CPU. The integrated graphics is within the CPU.

or in plain english, the iGPU is inside the CPU, the mobo just allows you from accessing it. (Some mobos have an iGPU inside the mobo chipset, not inside the CPU btw..)

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Let me correct it.
The board DOESN'T have integrated graphics.
The board have a video connection path to the CPU. The integrated graphics is within the CPU.

or in plain english, the iGPU is inside the CPU, the mobo just allows you from accessing it. (Some mobos have an iGPU inside the mobo chipset, not inside the CPU btw..)

Solution

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I don't really understand this new trend of adding graphics capabilities to the CPU. I guess from a business office, that doesn't use graphical processing it makes a little more sense, but from a gaming or graphics intensive situation, you will be getting an addon card, thereby making part of your cpu worthless.

G

yeah i know the integrated graphics are bad but I will be adding a GPU later next month, I don't have the money for it right now so I will be building a system without the video card until I can get enough money to buy a nice HD 6850/6870. I'm kinda impatient because I already have all the other parts except the MoBo (will buy tomorrow) and the video card.

G

I see, well i guess the answer is yes! it supports the integrated graphics on my Core i5 2500, right?

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009

correct. your board will support the iGPU and all its features (quicksync)

Status
Not open for further replies.