Question I'm confused with "AI Tweaker" on Asus Z370-P ?

kappsta87

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
So i used the auto over clock function im running a i5 9600k 3.7 with a 4.3 turbo
my current over clock is 4.7 ghz

when i manual the clock speed and set a voltage i tried 1.35000 like every website suggests but i keep hitting high temps

i am using a Cooler Master - Master Liquid ML240L v2 RGB liquid cooler in a Corsair 780T case (very big case loads of air flow)
16GB ddr4 set at 3200 mhz
Nvidia RTX 3050

If VID means the cpu voltage why does it keep going above the set 1.350 on core temp ?

temps.jpg

VID is NOT the same as Vcore. Looking at VID does you no good at all, you need to look at actual Vcore.

VCore is the actual voltage your CPU is using, VID is the voltage your CPU is asking for.

Reading, and understanding the guide at the following links should be ground zero for any attempts to overclock AND if you are going to overclock you need to do so manually. Using "automatic" features is a crapfest in pretty much all cases. Getting a 4.7Ghz all core overclock out of your CPU might be expecting a little too much, but then again, it might not.

Don't listen to what some just "random dude" on "every website" tells you. Look to the ACTUAL people who know what they are talking about.

Start here: https://www.tweaktown.com/guides/8481/coffee-lake-overclocking-guide/index.html

And then use my guide to assist with your overclocking endeavors.

That, will lead you down the correct path, not some random flakehead on Reddit or LTT.