Im confused with which cpu to get

Kharismen

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I've talked to several people about this, and I just don't know which to get ryzen 7 or intel i7. With the ryzen's i'm interested in the 1700x and the 1800x. With intel im interested mainly with the i7-7700k. The computer I'm soon going to be building will be used for gaming a lot in new titles and recording video for youtube using fraps or some software. Some people I talked to said to get the ryzen for the 8 cores and 16 threads, and other people I talked to said I'd be fine using the i7 because it has more ghz, which would let it have better fps. The graphics card I am most likely getting is the asus ROG strix gtx 1070, and I am going to start off with 8gb of ram but then upgrade it to 16. I just need help with if I should get the ryzen or the intel. I really want this pc to be able to record games at least 1440p 60fps+, and eventually maybe a little 4k and vr.

I know I'm asking a lot sorry, I've tried several other forums but all I'm hearing is get ryzen or intel no real deep explanation of which to get and why. Thanks!

Solution
The thing with Intel processors(in general), is they normally perform better(faster & better longevity). The i7-7700k with it's 4 cores/8 threads kills the Ryzen 7 1800X even though it has 8 cores/16 threads. The problem comes down to support. If software/drivers were better designed/programmed to take advantage of the Ryzen's architecture, then the 1800x would(and could) blow the 7700k away. Luckily, AMD continues to get more support everyday. So it's just a matter of time.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
The thing with Intel processors(in general), is they normally perform better(faster & better longevity). The i7-7700k with it's 4 cores/8 threads kills the Ryzen 7 1800X even though it has 8 cores/16 threads. The problem comes down to support. If software/drivers were better designed/programmed to take advantage of the Ryzen's architecture, then the 1800x would(and could) blow the 7700k away. Luckily, AMD continues to get more support everyday. So it's just a matter of time.

Solution