I'm connected to the Internet, but I can't go to any websites on google chrome.

Kaylaelizabeth

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
I 'm connected to the Internet, but I can't open any websites in Google Chrome, whenever I try to go to any website it says "unable to access network". Yesterday I updated Google Chrome and right after that I started having these problems. I tried restoring my laptop to a point before I updated Google Chrome, but that didn't help. My laptop is the only thing in my house experiencing this problem. This is the second time this happened, the first time it just suddenly started working again the next day. Help?

Curry Puff

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
In that case, possibly nothing is wrong with the browser, but with the connection. It could be the hardware such as whatever you use to connect to internet or cable etc, or software such as the driver etc. What OS you running?

cbmick

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

Hi i seen your answer on this forum , so this is my post!!
A couple of days ago i deleted a program from my laptop, this if when my problems started, now i cant connect to the internet using my wireless, chrome and IE wont work,Skype works fine! I can connect to the internet at home using Ethernet connection, I can access the internet using chrome from a outside source,Like McDonald's, but using wireless i cant connect at home, I down loaded a different browser completely and this works fine but very slow, i get this Error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG, using chrome, I just entered this ip address into my URL 74.125.224.72 and it opened using wireless what does this mean???? Can you help?

RandyMakDaddy

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Look at the time and date settings. If you are not on the correct date, you will not connect.

Amy_8_

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

WinterSunLight

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
What I did for the same problem I had was I went to the control panel. Went to system and security and clicked on windows firewall. It went weird for a sec then I went to Firefox and went on a website and it worked

smithdonald1924

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

kerrybatal

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

gacisbabylynfrando

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Mar 2, 2018