Question I'm desperate - prebuilt with strange hardware problem

Jun 7, 2021
I bought a prebuilt pc for the first time in my life, as I thought hey, maybe this is a better way to go about this.
I guess not.
This started with me randomly getting bluescreens. They seemed to occur at completely random times at first, except mostly when I was away from my computer and rarely while I was playing games. The bluescreen I got was "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". When I checked the dump files it pointed me at the Geforce 3060.
I tried everything. Fresh formats. All sorts of drivers, old and new. Tested every peripheral in different combinations. Nothing.
And then one day my neighbor slams their door shut, and I get blue screen.
Then it happens again.

Long story short, I get a bluescreen when I walk a bit too hard, or sit too fast, or someone downstairs slams their door. The vibration is enough to do it. I can jump next to the pc to replicate the bluescreen, which sometimes is instead a black screen or the screen glitching out with green lines.

I went in there and screwed everything I could find down, checked all cords etc.. but I don't know much about pcs. The problem persists. This is my last attempt before I return this and get a full refund. Can someone help me, please? I am willing to try anything, send photos of the case, whatever you might require.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the pc. https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali489/p/N82E16883360084

May 18, 2021
This is pretty curious! (Excuse me for that)

Well, you said you checked all the cords; do you mean you reconnected all the PC internal cables? Please do that if you didn't, also see if you can reseat your RAM and GPU (could be soldered by OEM). Some other weird ideas I could tell may be a electric network or wall socket problem, a loose desk... Try testing your PC in a different place first, even in... the floor maybe?. Check over the internet or search by term here in tomshardware for the BSOD you are getting for discarding other issues; as you get lines in screen, it could be a bad GPU

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite the oddball. It must be hardware related since you can replicate it with vibration, but just for the fun of it, boot to a linux live cd/usb and see if you can get that to crash in the same way. I think almost any way you look at it, the full refund would be the best way to go, but it would be interesting to find the root cause of this.

Jun 7, 2021
Alright, I actually found out what was happening with a bit of (literally) poking around (with a wooden stick).

The GPU was wobbly, so when there was a vibration it crashed my drivers with either a total black screen or driver error (watchdog violation I believe means it can't connect to the gpu properly).
As a solution I have poked the gpu while the pc is on to find what causes crashes. It's not a cord, it's not the motherboard or any other piece. It only happens when I touch the right (the part furthest away from the actual screws and insertion slot) side of the card and wobble it. I placed a piece of cardboard with electric tape on it behind the card and it instantly solved the issue.

I wonder if a screw fell off during shipping or if there is some sort of a physical damage that is causing it to not sit there well enough. It's only connected through where you insert it into the main board and 2 screws towards the back of the pc but it's clearly not quite enough.