[SOLVED] I'm Done with my internet. Please help

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone.

Recently I bought a ADSL2+ Internet service with 8Mbit/s

Everything was good until i noticed that when i call someone using the phone or when i receive a call my Modem disconnects from Internet

I'm using a Splitter for my modem in a line plug and another splitter connected to my phone wire connecting to ANOTHER line plug
Splitters are cheap and i got it from my ISP.
I tried another modem. And
I tried connecting both modem and phone to a same Splitter but still when someone calls and i answer my modem disconnects!

Should i buy a expensive Splitter or the problem is from my line?

Solution
I tried connecting both modem and phone to a same Splitter but still when someone calls and i answer my modem disconnects!

I really don't think there is something like expensive splitter, unless you like to pay it too much for no reasons.

One possible stuff(let's be hopeful it's not true) is about the frequency your phone-provider/ISP is assigned to your phone, that conflicts(overlay) the ADSL region. You may ask the phone-provider if such thing exist, and ask for a dedicated line-up/config(this may be cost you, but generally should not).

By default, phone should come up from 0 to 4 Khz of your line. and then from 25 KHz to 1100 KHz...
Sep 28, 2019

I really don't think there is something like expensive splitter, unless you like to pay it too much for no reasons.

One possible stuff(let's be hopeful it's not true) is about the frequency your phone-provider/ISP is assigned to your phone, that conflicts(overlay) the ADSL region. You may ask the phone-provider if such thing exist, and ask for a dedicated line-up/config(this may be cost you, but generally should not).

By default, phone should come up from 0 to 4 Khz of your line. and then from 25 KHz to 1100 KHz will be for ADSL/NET, so technically, you could transfer two different streaming(voice + net) with one line and no conflicts, but since there is no ideal stuff, noise happens.
Now, phone-provider(yours for example), would use one phone-2-lines to cover 10 lines! so easy. For instance, let first line come up from 0 to 4KHz, the next one from 8 KHz to 12KHz and so on... so it will overlay your ADSL region. It's good for your phone-provider, since could handle 10 lines with 1 line, but bad for customers.(check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_digital_subscriber_line#/media/File:ADSL_frequency_plan.svg )

So this is possible that, for example, your phone got from 21 KHz to 25 KHz, so when you call, it will corrupt ADSL streams(lots of CRC), and your modem decides a restart.

If the above scenario is true, so nothing can help you, except your phone-provider. You may check your line, it's connected to phone-provider switch. Ideally, each incoming line in switch, should have an outcoming line for each customer, but if you see for example one incoming, and 4 outcoming lines, so this could confirm scenario above.

So check these, in your modem, monitoring section, check how many CRC you have when there is no phone(net working) and and when there is a call.

Another workgrounds
  1. Make sure you have great quality wire, a shielded one is appreciated.
  2. Try not to carry/place phone line with a power wire(or any other wire) when possible, high current over a near power line could make some noise over your phone. Let be alone by its own if possible.
  3. In your modem, ADSL setup, you should be able to change the ADSL mode, by default it's set to ADSL2+, you may go for another mode, and see if you get some good stable, if yes, so above scenario could be possible also.
  4. Ask your ISP, to check your events log, maybe they find some interesting stuff
  5. While you are calling, and there is no net, check modem status and log, see when kind of error is there

Hope it helps.

Solution

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019

By default, phone should come up from 0 to 4 Khz of your line. and then from 25 KHz to 1100 KHz will be for ADSL/NET, so technically, you could transfer two different streaming(voice + net) with one line and no conflicts, but since there is no ideal stuff, noise happens.
Now, phone-provider(yours for example), would use one phone-2-lines to cover 10 lines! so easy. For instance, let first line come up from 0 to 4KHz, the next one from 8 KHz to 12KHz and so on... so it will overlay your ADSL region. It's good for your phone-provider, since could handle 10 lines with 1 line, but bad for customers.(check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_digital_subscriber_line#/media/File:ADSL_frequency_plan.svg )

So this is possible that, for example, your phone got from 21 KHz to 25 KHz, so when you call, it will corrupt ADSL streams(lots of CRC), and your modem decides a restart.

If the above scenario is true, so nothing can help you, except your phone-provider. You may check your line, it's connected to phone-provider switch. Ideally, each incoming line in switch, should have an outcoming line for each customer, but if you see for example one incoming, and 4 outcoming lines, so this could confirm scenario above.

So check these, in your modem, monitoring section, check how many CRC you have when there is no phone(net working) and and when there is a call.

Another workgrounds
  1. Make sure you have great quality wire, a shielded one is appreciated.
  2. Try not to carry/place phone line with a power wire(or any other wire) when possible, high current over a near power line could make some noise over your phone. Let be alone by its own if possible.
  3. In your modem, ADSL setup, you should be able to change the ADSL mode, by default it's set to ADSL2+, you may go for another mode, and see if you get some good stable, if yes, so above scenario could be possible also.
  4. Ask your ISP, to check your events log, maybe they find some interesting stuff
  5. While you are calling, and there is no net, check modem status and log, see when kind of error is there
Hope it helps.
Thanks im going to follow your steps