Gecko_Pirate

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Hello! I just bought a pair of 2 x 8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM and when I tried turning the PC on with them installed, there were 1 long and 2 short beeps. As I researched, I found out the beeps are for graphics card issues, but that can't be possible as I am now running fine on the old ram and haven't even touched the GPU.
I tried clearing the CMOS battery, updating the BIOS and running with only one stick of RAM in every slot of the motherboard, but it's still the same.

Rig:
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 570 8GB
TX650M
2 x 4 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (old ram)

Please, help!
Thank you!

Highly peculiar.

I know little about AMD stuff.

Does your specific new RAM appear on the motherboard's qualified compatibility list?

Do you have any particular reason to think the new RAM isn't outright defective or counterfeit?

Have you googled for others who might have this issue with this board and this RAM?

What are the similarities or differences in the specs between the old RAM and the new RAM? Voltage, timings, etc.

Any indication on the motherboard's web site that a newer BIOS might solve certain RAM issues?

I'm about out of ideas. I wouldn't get excited over that beep code if you could nonetheless use the new RAM. But you can't.

Gecko_Pirate

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Highly peculiar.

I know little about AMD stuff.

Does your specific new RAM appear on the motherboard's qualified compatibility list?

Do you have any particular reason to think the new RAM isn't outright defective or counterfeit?

Have you googled for others who might have this issue with this board and this RAM?

What are the similarities or differences in the specs between the old RAM and the new RAM? Voltage, timings, etc.

Any indication on the motherboard's web site that a newer BIOS might solve certain RAM issues?

I'm about out of ideas. I wouldn't get excited over that beep code if you could nonetheless use the new RAM. But you can't.
I just checked the Memory QVL of the motherboard and I couldn't find my model.
Maybe it's because of that.