[SOLVED] I'm getting a short beep with no visual output

Status
Not open for further replies.

WobblyMarmot

Reputable
Jun 5, 2019
This is my first build. I would really appreciate some help. I'm using a TV and HDMI as a monitor but even with all that disconnected I'm getting errors.

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Everything clearly has power, my front LED blinks once, pauses, then 4 more blinks (I don't know if that's helpful). I've double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly and in the correct place a dozen times. I had my Video Card disable on accident and the beep changed to 1 long 3 short beeps (implying No VGA detected) so I think that may be the cause. I'm really hoping it's not the motherboard

WobblyMarmot

Reputable
Jun 5, 2019
Reactions: DMAN999

WobblyMarmot

Reputable
Jun 5, 2019
What a rookie. The video card comes with these blue protecter things in the port holes and even though every video card I have ever seen in any video has the ports I just assumed mine didn't have them. Thanks again

One short beep means the machine is working properly. The led flashing at the front is possibly hdd/ssd activity indicator.

Where abouts is the hdmi cable connected? Video card or motherboard?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just FYI, 1 long 4 short blinks/beeps for Asus is 'failure of a hardware device'. (yeah, like that's extremely helpful, kinda already knew something wasn't right, thanks Asus!) So I guess in this instance it was the gpu failure to output a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.