[SOLVED] I'm getting awful FPS on all games on my "high-end" gaming system. Help me please!

m4rcusg4mermjd

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Hi if anyone really wants me to include exact benchmarks I will. Basically I'm just getting pretty bad Fps is certain games I play, some games are okay but some are literally unplayable... One example would be CSGO. On lowest settings I get around 100-150FPS but extremely laggy. Jumping down to about 50FPS about 3 times every 5 seconds. It is really disgusting and unplayable. Could somebody give me some help please. It would be very appreciated. UserBenchmark results/specs:

UserBenchmarks: Game 61%, Desk 47%, Work 31%
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 - 42%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 - 93.2%
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB - 26.8%
HDD: Hitachi HUA721010KLA330 1TB - 34.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 C16 2x8GB - 55.4%
MBD: Asus PRIME B360M-K

(Bad CPU score because I was running stuff in backgound)

Solution
Are these lag outs in frame rates online?

You might actually be overwhelming the internet connection at whatever server your are using, as you do not know that server's throughput conditions. Look up how to cap your FPS to 100 FPS, or even 60 FPS, and try again......

Certainly, an i3-8100 (effectively a re-badged i5-7600 from a generation earlier) should be capable of CS:GO with no issues...

Make sure you are set to performance in Windows power plan, and in BIOS if an option, we don't want any power management lowering your clock speeds...

Was this a fresh/full install? (Last but not least, do you have a different SSD to try a full reinstall with, as sometimes Kingston SSDs give folks issues with surging/pausing data transfers, etc...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately your CPU is far from high end - in fact very entry level. Which would lead me to ask, have you monitored individual CPU cores usage and temperatures under load?
Also what is your PSU make and model?
Do you have latest drivers and BIOS installed?

Last edited:

You might actually be overwhelming the internet connection at whatever server your are using, as you do not know that server's throughput conditions. Look up how to cap your FPS to 100 FPS, or even 60 FPS, and try again......

Certainly, an i3-8100 (effectively a re-badged i5-7600 from a generation earlier) should be capable of CS:GO with no issues...

Make sure you are set to performance in Windows power plan, and in BIOS if an option, we don't want any power management lowering your clock speeds...

Was this a fresh/full install? (Last but not least, do you have a different SSD to try a full reinstall with, as sometimes Kingston SSDs give folks issues with surging/pausing data transfers, etc, and, that way we don't waste a lot of time before quickly ruling it out...

Check your clock speeds with HWMonitor, and run CPU-Z/Bench/stress cpu...see if all cores maintain clocks near 3.5 to 3.6 GHz....; run for 10 minutes, look for any signs of temps getting above 90C. (Factory cooler with the 8100 is nothing to write home about, so I will allow it go as high as 85-90C under a torture load..)

Reactions: vMax
Solution

m4rcusg4mermjd

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Unfortunately your CPU is far from high end - in fact very entry level. Which would lead me to ask, have you monitored individual CPU cores usage and temperatures under load?
Hi, my power supply is a corsair cx600 and I do have all my drivers up to date.

m4rcusg4mermjd

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018

Was this a fresh/full install? (Last but not least, do you have a different SSD to try a full reinstall with, as sometimes Kingston SSDs give folks issues with surging/pausing data transfers, etc, and, that way we don't waste a lot of time before quickly ruling it out...

Check your clock speeds with HWMonitor, and run CPU-Z/Bench/stress cpu...see if all cores maintain clocks near 3.5 to 3.6 GHz....; run for 10 minutes, look for any signs of temps getting above 90C. (Factory cooler with the 8100 is nothing to write home about, so I will allow it go as high as 85-90C under a torture load..)
Yes, this is from online games. I have good internet connction (about 3mbps, dunno if I wrote that right, but this is fast anyways) and I have tried locking my FPS but I still the the bad frame drops. I have just changed it to performance mode now. I was told by one of my mates about a year ago now that kingston ssd's are the best ones to get. BTW I'd still probably class myself as a begginer with PC stuff but I have been learning a lot over the last 3 years. I'll do some kind of temp and clock speed test too and see if it all looks good. Thanks