I'm getting extreme ping/lag recently.

Aug 21, 2018
I dont know why but it's really bothering me, I'm trying to play games for the last few days and I'm lagging so badly almost all games are practically unplayable, like the feeling of 300 ping, however, my ping is rarely that high, for example on games like Rocket League my ping will be 44 or 36 and I will be teleporting around feeling like my ping is 300+ and it's confusing, it happens on both my laptop and my desktop which means it might not be the network card, I have no clue why and my internet isn't meant to be that bad, but recently it's been extremely bad, and I can't even use ethernet because my desktop is upstairs and my router is downstairs..

Solution
you can use windows resource monitor if you are the only client on the network.
this will let you know if the issue is from your side or congestion from other clients.
if it still lags with no traffic it could be your network or on the isp side.

i wouldn't go buy anything until you know what is causing the issue.

a direct wired connection to the modem will make sure you are on only client. once you get a baseline you add things back until it lags. move your pc for a day if you have to.
Aug 21, 2018

no I do not, however how would I get one.

you can use windows resource monitor if you are the only client on the network.
this will let you know if the issue is from your side or congestion from other clients.
if it still lags with no traffic it could be your network or on the isp side.

i wouldn't go buy anything until you know what is causing the issue.

a direct wired connection to the modem will make sure you are on only client. once you get a baseline you add things back until it lags. move your pc for a day if you have to.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS