Question Im getting extreme screen tearing on a high-end gaming laptop

May 29, 2019
So I have an Asus ROG G701VI laptop and im getting really extreme screen tearing and im talking extreme, like i get it on everywhere. I've had screen tearing for about 10-ish months now but i ignored it as i didn't know a way to fix it, I've looked all over the internet for a fix but never seem to find one that ends it for good. I don't know what i did to cause this so please help me.

Here are my specs:
Processor Intel Core i7 6820HK Processor
Chipset Intel CM236 Express Chipset
Memory 64GB DDR4-2,400MHz SDRAM
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB VRAM

The games I play are CSGO, Overwatch, and PUBG

So I have an Asus ROG G701VI laptop and im getting really extreme screen tearing and im talking extreme, like i get it on everywhere. I've had screen tearing for about 10-ish months now but i ignored it as i didn't know a way to fix it, I've looked all over the internet for a fix but never seem to find one that ends it for good. I don't know what i did to cause this so please help me.

Here are my specs:
Processor Intel Core i7 6820HK Processor
Chipset Intel CM236 Express Chipset
Memory 64GB DDR4-2,400MHz SDRAM
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB VRAM

The games I play are CSGO, Overwatch, and PUBG

So screen tearing is caused by the graphics card outputting frames much faster than the refresh rate of your screen. Looking online, that machine appears to have a G-Sync display which should match the two to eliminate tearing. My guess would be that G-Sync has gotten turned off for some reason (maybe as a result of a Windows of Geforce driver update). I'd start off by going into the nVidia control panel and make sure G-Sync is enabled....