Question I'm getting extremely low writing speed on my SSD

Oct 8, 2019
First I need to say I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to hardware stuff. I have ADATA SU650 which I bought 7 months ago. Up until a few weeks ago it was all fine but then my system started having some disk-related issues. I decided to test my SSD through AS SSD Benchmark and boom. 468,03 MB/s for reading while it's only 69,79 MB/s for writing speed.

I don't know what happened how we got here but I'm suspecting maybe my SSD has just gone bad? What should I suspect of apart from the SSD itself? I'm so confused.

I have ASUS Prime B450M-K motherboard and I recently updated my BIOS. I'm only using SSD on my system and Windows is installed there. I'm using 80 percent of the disk right now but I've tried to get down to 45 percent and there was no difference whatsoever. I can provide more information if anyone asks me to.

Screenshot-1.png

Oct 8, 2019
I've updated my chipset driver and it's still the same though I've realised something. When applying benchmark test on as-ssd, writing speed starts off with 350 mb/s but towards the end of the test it drastically goes down to 80-70-60 and all the way down to 7-8 mb/s. Could this tell something?

Oct 8, 2019
I am sorry, I fail to understand all these terms. What is Fuzedrive? I tried to research but I didn't understand. I'm using my SSD as the only storage drive on my computer, if that's what you mean. But I had no issues before.

Oct 8, 2019
Also something I have noticed. It's probably related to extremely slow writing speed but... Whenever I start a download (Steam, Blizzard etc.) my disk immediately goes 100% full, which causes extremely slow downloading speed. It starts with 6-7 mb/s of download speed then goes down up to 0 mb because my disk apparently cannot keep up with downloading. I checked from task manager what causes 100 percent disk load and it is shown as "System" which takes around 90 percent of the disk load when a download in place. Something to note I guess, can it be due to a software issue or malware? I scanned and nothing dangerous gets detected.

TRENDING THREADS