[SOLVED] Im getting fps drops and freezings in almost everygame

Nov 24, 2019
Hi, i have a mid-end computer but in most of the games i just have fps drops and freezes.

My Specs:

Inten Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz (OC 4.2)

NVIDIA GTX 2060 6G

Crucial DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 8GB 1x

Thermaltake TR2 S 700W 80 Plus

WD Blue 1TB 3.5" SATA3

Kingston A400 SSD 120GB

Here is some clips where u can see whats happening:

https://streamable.com/e97kc

Solution
It's most likely your ram. You have 1 x 8gb stick. At 1080p your system will use close to the 8gb, meaning your ram fills up. Once this happens, your system starts to write data to the swap/page file, virtual mem which is on your HDD/SSD. This really slows things down and causes FPS drops. Getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit should solve your issue.

But, you also have an older CPU. And although great in it's day, and still capable, the 4c/4t CPU is maxing out in modern games. That could also be part of the problem.
It's most likely your ram. You have 1 x 8gb stick. At 1080p your system will use close to the 8gb, meaning your ram fills up. Once this happens, your system starts to write data to the swap/page file, virtual mem which is on your HDD/SSD. This really slows things down and causes FPS drops. Getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit should solve your issue.

But, you also have an older CPU. And although great in it's day, and still capable, the 4c/4t CPU is maxing out in modern games. That could also be part of the problem.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 24, 2019
It's most likely your ram. You have 1 x 8gb stick. At 1080p your system will use close to the 8gb, meaning your ram fills up. Once this happens, your system starts to write date to the swap/page/virtual mem which is on your HDD/SSD. This really slows things down and causes FPS drops. Getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit should solve your issue.

Ty i will try to get a new ram!

NOTE: my pc was running fine but this last months is unplayable

Are you trying to stream while you play? Because if so, the 7500K is woefully under-equipped for streaming.

Also, you noted that your computer was running fine until recently, have you changed games, updated software, or made any other changes to routine? Because you could be looking at a software issue. Focus on recent changes that might have affected performance. Odds are that your hardware is fine and that some software change is impacting performance.

Feb 19, 2020
WHAT? I stream on an i3-4130T and a Nvidia GM107 at 720p-1080p on mid-high for most modern games, the 7500K will stream just fine, especially paired with a 2060; using NVENC, he could stream in 4k all day, lol. You really do NEED dual channel memory. If you haven't already, try disabling windows game bar; it likes to turn itself back on during updates, and typically causes exactly what is shown in the video because the game bar DVR software encodes the video to disk every interval causing the game itself to lag out just like that.

But for reals, get yourself some dual channel memory; you'll be glad you did.

TRENDING THREADS