[SOLVED] I'm getting graphics lag/stutters.

ricky_skyline

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
This is my Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rskyline/saved/3KjmkL

I first got a strix 5700 xt and of course is a beast but it kinda overheats, so I though the lag was related to that, so I went and change it for a Nitro+, because everyone says is the best out there. But I'm still getting lag.

I tried to use DDU twice, tried using Radeon software stable and beta and still the same. I don't want to format if it's not needed, but I can as a last resort.

Useful info: I upgraded almost every part on my system except for ram and storage, but I didn't format to do a clean install of windows.

Solution
Okay the first thing everyone should keep in mind when buying ryzen cpu is that you need fast ram. 3000mhz is the minimum recommendation for the 3600. You can watch on youtube on how much difference does the ram speed make. I suspect the slow ram speed is what causes the stutters. Make sure you install the ram properly so you can get dual channel as well

poorbugger

Distinguished
Okay the first thing everyone should keep in mind when buying ryzen cpu is that you need fast ram. 3000mhz is the minimum recommendation for the 3600. You can watch on youtube on how much difference does the ram speed make. I suspect the slow ram speed is what causes the stutters. Make sure you install the ram properly so you can get dual channel as well

Solution

ricky_skyline

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
Could be, the weird part its that I've been using the ryzen for about a month and the issue just started like a week ago. And before it was working just fine. I was thinking more that not doing a clean install of windows (coming from Intel to ryzen I didn't clean install windows)