Question Im getting power to my PC but it won't turn over

Jun 20, 2019
Ive currently had this pc for just under a year and i just experience what i thought was i broke a circuit but i am still getting power to my pc because my motherboard and graphics card have lights that indicate its getting power. Everytime i try powering it on with the PSU doesnt turn over it just clicks and doesnt power anything up. I run a corsair TX850M for the PSU my GPU is a GTX 1080 and a ryzen 5 1600x for my CPU. My motherboard is something in the ASUS ROG STRIX but i dont know the model. I have no clue why it just shut off, and I have unplugged everything and left only the power cord plugged in, even tried to plug it in directly into the wall but still nothing is working. I need some help, usually i can figure this out on my own but im in full confused panic and need some solutions to fix it.

Your PSU might have simply died...(it can happen with any brand)

Given a 'will not power on' condition, trying a known good PSU (Complete w/ new modular cables, do NOT reuse any modular cables from previous PSU) would be step one, beyond the obvious and classic, 'remove power, reseat all connections/cables' standby...

YOu can also try removing the GPU entirely just to see of rig now powers on, but, even if successful, it could still be PSU related...(but, if still won't power on, at least you know a GPU is likely not currently dragging down PSU...)

You can also try dropping to one stick of RAM, and (power removed) clearing CMOS switch/jumper

Jun 20, 2019
Your PSU might have simply died...(it can happen with any brand)

Given a 'will not power on' condition, trying a known good PSU (Complete w/ new modular cables, do NOT reuse any modular cables from previous PSU) would be step one, beyond the obvious and classic, 'remove power, reseat all connections/cables' standby...

YOu can also try removing the GPU entirely just to see of rig now powers on, but, even if successful, it could still be PSU related...(but, if still won't power on, at least you know a GPU is likely not currently dragging down PSU...)

You can also try dropping to one stick of RAM, and (power removed) clearing CMOS switch/jumper

Alright i tried to take out my GPU and see if it turns on and its definitely just the power supply because it didnt turn on even with the GPU out.

Jun 25, 2019
Funnily enough I had the exact same issue less than a week ago-Power indicators on the mobo and cpu show that they are receiving power but the system will not power up. It was resolved by replacing the PSU.

Ive currently had this pc for just under a year and i just experience what i thought was i broke a circuit but i am still getting power to my pc because my motherboard and graphics card have lights that indicate its getting power. Everytime i try powering it on with the PSU doesnt turn over it just clicks and doesnt power anything up. I run a corsair TX850M for the PSU my GPU is a GTX 1080 and a ryzen 5 1600x for my CPU. My motherboard is something in the ASUS ROG STRIX but i dont know the model. I have no clue why it just shut off, and I have unplugged everything and left only the power cord plugged in, even tried to plug it in directly into the wall but still nothing is working. I need some help, usually i can figure this out on my own but im in full confused panic and need some solutions to fix it.

Good god. I am currently experiencing the same issue. I owned a CoolerMaster MWE Gold 650w Full Modular. My LED on the mobo (Z370 Rog Strix) lights up when I turned on the plug but my PC just cannot turn on even I push the power on button. I am gonna return my PSU for a warranty claim tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Before this happens, I also felt a soft electric current shock on my keyboard. This is probably due to bad wiring at my house that eventually affects my PSU after quite some time.