Info I'm getting same speed from USB 2.0 , USB 3.0 and USB 3.1

Mar 30, 2019
I'm getting same speed from USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 from my Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 portable hard drive

ALfsjiY.png
h9vZ05G.png
kEBjx4J.png

PC Spec:
Intel i7 6700k
gigabyte z170x gaming 3
SSD ADATA SU800NS38
HDD WDC WD10EZRX-00A3KB0
RAM g.skill Ripjaws v ddr4 12GB(8+3)
graphics card Nvidia GTX 960 4GB

Just to understand something, this is a physical hard disk and not SSD?

Also, just because it has a 3.1 connector, doesn't mean it can run that fast. For instance, many USB drives stay USB 3.0 ready, but because of the way they work, they barely push 10MB a second because the connector is 3.0/1 but the actual hardware inside isn't.

It could be a marketing gimmick like so many are, as the website states 3.1 can transfer XX data, to which it can. It doesn't say the hard disk transfers at that data.

Unless something is majorly wrong with your USB drivers, I would say, they just used marketing crap to screw you over.

What about?
Step 1: Open "Windows File Explorer" and locate your external hard drive. Right-click the external drive icon and choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu.

Step 2: Choose the "Hardware" tab, which will display the list of all disks mounted on the particular computer. Select the desired disk you want to improve its transfer performance and click "Properties" at the bottom of the window.

Step 3: In device properties window select "Change settings".

Step 4: A disk window will pop up. Click the "Policies" tab and select "Optimize for performance".

Step 5: Be alert. You must disconnect the device safely. Right-click the tray icon and click "Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device".