Im getting very low fps in all games...

ZaPeD

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
first off system specs
Mobo:MSI 970a-g43
Gfx card: Zotac Geforce GTX 680 2gb
CPU:AMD Athlon II x3 450.
Memory: Corsair vengeance 1600mhz C9 (XMP)
PSU: Coolmax 750w

Games List.
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Metro Last Light
Sniper Ghost warrior 2
The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim
Just Cause 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

OK now the problem...
Ive been experiencing very low fps in all games listed above
I know there is a slight bottleneck but not to cause 30max fps in skyrim mostly 20 average in skyrim. I get about 25-50 in Borderlands 2 I do dip down to 10 or even 5 in borderlands 2. borderlands is just all around BLAH..
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 which runs better then all of them with 35-70fps.
Ive had this build before but different mobo. except it was the phenon II x4 965.. but if I unlock this processor and overclock it its better then the 965. its go a stable 4th core with overclock of 3.9ghz. stable ran prime 95 for 16 hours.

So I need to get a second set of eyes on this... Ive tried every grahpics driver rom 314.22 - 327.23. doesn't make a difference..
Tried formatting my hard drive and installing all drivers again.
Nothing. Same thing.
Tested my graphics card to see if it was starting to go bad...
It tested just fine with me fiddling with clocks to see if the load would correspond as it should and it did.
Ive tried everything that I could think of....
So please if you could think of anything would be GREAT.
Just ask and I will answer if ive tried or haven't tried :D ty ahead of time.

Solution
You could be getting dirty power from that cheap sub-par power supply(coolmax makes absolute garbage power supplies), that will cause instability and performance issues as it could be causing the GPU to throttle to prevent damage. The 750w Coolmax actually burned up under a 500w load.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Coolmax-CUL-750B-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/977/8
Also check you per core cpu usage as that cpu, even oced and unlocked to a quad will be a bottleneck.

bignastyid

Titan
You could be getting dirty power from that cheap sub-par power supply(coolmax makes absolute garbage power supplies), that will cause instability and performance issues as it could be causing the GPU to throttle to prevent damage. The 750w Coolmax actually burned up under a 500w load.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Coolmax-CUL-750B-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/977/8
Also check you per core cpu usage as that cpu, even oced and unlocked to a quad will be a bottleneck.

Solution

ZaPeD

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
ok will do.. Ya the psu has been proven to work better then this.. not saying it might start to go bad now but will check it. aswell for cpu usage

ZaPeD

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

no this is a new build. except. cpu gfxcard psu memory. mobo and hard drive is new.