[SOLVED] I'm going to buy a RTX 3080. Is playing the game myself better than watching YouTube videos of that game (in term of graphic/visual)?

Quang_2

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
I'm wondering if I should buy an RTX 3080 card now. I used to watch youtube videos like "Game xxx max setting ray tracing at 4k" and I enjoy the beautiful scenes in that game. Now the price is dropping and I have enough money for an RTX 3080. I wonder that if I buy the card and experience the game myself, are those scenes more beautiful than in the youtube videos I've seen? Or it's worse? Can I have a better experience than watching a youtube video footage of that game?

Solution
Well, that depends a lot on the system you plug an RTX 3080 into and your monitor resolution and type.

Also keep in mind that videos on Youtube are edited and compressed. So while the playback on youtube is very smooth there will have been fine details lost and the frame rate won't be 100% representative of what you get in person.

So if you have a high end 4K IPS display and a decent enough CPU you can certainly have the same base experience as the person that made the video.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that depends a lot on the system you plug an RTX 3080 into and your monitor resolution and type.

Also keep in mind that videos on Youtube are edited and compressed. So while the playback on youtube is very smooth there will have been fine details lost and the frame rate won't be 100% representative of what you get in person.

So if you have a high end 4K IPS display and a decent enough CPU you can certainly have the same base experience as the person that made the video.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

TRENDING THREADS