Question Im having a recurring issue with my pc crashing/freezing.

Apr 19, 2021
Here is a parts list on pc part picker
Although the system does not freeze completely, it loses a lot of functionality. The pc loses the ability to use the search function, the fan rgb reverts to normal, I cannot end services, I cannot open new programs unless they are opened with win +r, the only application that seems to stay okay is mail. Im not sure why. I can move the mouse but I cannot click on anything. I can ctrl+alt+del to open task manager and click on tasks but when i end task they do not stop . it does this freeze thing maybe once or twice a day usually during times of low load but when I'm not using it but it has crashed before when I am using it. Some things I have tried already are:
  1. Hard drive sleep settings
  2. windows corruption with sfc scannow
  3. drivers for everything
  4. both ram sticks
  5. booting into safe mode seems to maybe fix the problem I have not tried it for long enough.
  6. different gpu
  7. could putting two devices on one usb header cause these freezes?
  8. could my power supply be causing this?
  9. could the powerstrip my pc is plugged into cause this? like grey outs?
The search in the bottom left corner pops up the window but there is nothing in it. Mail still works fine, no clear errors are presented in my event log after a shutdown except the Kernal power error from holding down the power button. Some of the common errors before the crash are:

The iphlpsvc service depends on the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00007ffe8436ef89
Faulting process id: 0x28e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7322a2d764d04
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 85a21307-7856-4a2f-8c9c-28dd2ee1f7d4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many more that I missed. Honestly I am out of ideas I dont know what to do now, im really out of troubleshooting ideas. I am not very good at technology, I just need to do work on the computer and it keeps crashing. Im obsessively saving work so i dont lose anything. Please please please if anyone can think of anything else to try let me know.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History.

Much more user friendly than Event Viewer and uses a timeline format that can be very revealing.

What browser(s) are you using?

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resources.

In Task Manager be sure to check what programs are being launched at startup. Any unexpected or unidentifiable programs need to be researched. Do not immediately delete, stop, or otherwise change any strange programs until more is known about them.

Apr 19, 2021
Look in Reliability History

Im using chrome.

an unknown file called "program" is launching on startup.

I checked out reliability history for today. The system froze around 1:20 today there are three critical errors today excluding the power error.

all three are for different software's which control different components on my pc. One is ICUE, one is Armory crate, and one is corsair. All three are faulty application paths. Could a drive be unplugged on teetering?

Apr 19, 2021
Another question: could overloading a usb header cause the system to freeze? would it give me an error?

i have one usb header on my board which is split between two devices.