[SOLVED] I'm having an issue with my graphics card in my laptop

Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone, I have been having an issue recently with my MSI GS66
The specs are as follows:
-RTX 2070 super max-q
-Intel i7-10750H
-32 gb 2666 Hz RAM
I have been noticing extreme drops in framerate in games such as Overwatch and LoL and it has only begun to do so recently. I don't have the ability to roll back my drivers or update them. The strangest thing to me is the GPU is staying cool and the only reading that is maxed out on the GPU is the 3D section. I am debating taking msi's warranty after school is done for the semester but I would prefer to find a fix. Thanks for your help everyone.

Solution
Cpu is throttling to .8Ghz, which will cause issues. It's either overheating, power plan issue or a power delivery issue with the cpu or motherboard.
(y)
It is a power delivery issue known with this laptop model and many others with dedicated GPU.
RMA and replacements have helped none...undervolting has helped many.
Hi everyone, I have been having an issue recently with my MSI GS66
The specs are as follows:
-RTX 2070 super max-q
-Intel i7-10750H
-32 gb 2666 Hz RAM
I have been noticing extreme drops in framerate in games such as Overwatch and LoL and it has only begun to do so recently. I don't have the ability to roll back my drivers or update them. The strangest thing to me is the GPU is staying cool and the only reading that is maxed out on the GPU is the 3D section. I am debating taking msi's warranty after school is done for the semester but I would prefer to find a fix. Thanks for your help everyone.
Download the Intel iGPU drivers from Intel website.
Download the Nvidia GPU drivers from website.
Download DDU

Uninstall the Intel GPU drivers and reboot in safe mode.
Use the DDU tool in Safe Mode to remove Nvidia Drivers then reboot.
Install the Intel iGPU drivers, reboot if required.
Install the Nvidia GPU drivers and reboot if required.

Nov 3, 2020
It couldn't benchmark the GPU due to failure

Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (1st percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 99 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.
ProcessorWith an extremely low single core score, this CPU can barely handle email and light web browsing. Finally, with a gaming score of 29.1%, this CPU's suitability for 3D gaming is very poor.
Boot Drive113% is an exceptional SSD score. This drive is suitable for heavy workstation use, it will facilitate fast boots, responsive applications and allow for fast transfers of multi-gigabyte files.
Memory32GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's far more than any current game requires. 32GB will also allow for large file and system caches, virtual machine hosting, software development, video editing and batch multimedia processing.
OS VersionWindows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.

Nov 3, 2020
yeah i would return the laptop and see if you can get a replacement. that is a very nice cpu, it shouldnt be at 0.8ghz
This is the first time it's throttled this low, and I've had it for months. I am very careful about what I download due to past issues with a previous laptop so it shouldn't be an issue with malware. Hopefully they will let me act on my warranty.