I'm having an issue with running 16gb GSKILL ram (2x8gb) in GA-970A-UD3P.

Solution
Back to needing the model #(s), am almost thinking you actually have a 2x4GB set, can get the model number from the label off the sticks or look in CPU-Z in the SPD tab next to part number. If indeed it's 2x8GB can try raising the DRAM voltage + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage up to 1.25

Sleetz

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
You have dual channel RAM make sure you skip a slot for example have your first stick in the first DIMM slot then skip the second slot and put your second stick in the third slot. The same goes for using the second and fourth slots.

charlestraywick

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
There are currently in slots 1 and 2. I put them in slots 2 and 4 as well as slots 1 and 3. Same results. I also did one at a time and both read 8gb. FX8320 with Hyper D92. GSKILL 16GB (2x8GB) 1866 DDR3

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Back to needing the model #(s), am almost thinking you actually have a 2x4GB set, can get the model number from the label off the sticks or look in CPU-Z in the SPD tab next to part number. If indeed it's 2x8GB can try raising the DRAM voltage + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage up to 1.25

Solution

charlestraywick

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Wow. Thanks Tradesman1. It is 2x4GB. That's embarrassing. In my defense I did buy them about 8 months ago and finally got around to finishing my build. Thanks Sleetz updating BIOS was my next step, but I suppose I don't need to. Hah.

TRENDING THREADS