sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
hi , I've had some problems with my cpu temp as you can see them in this thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-cpu-temp-is-100-c.3700840/#post-22300655 . However, one of the problems didn't go away, the black screen one . Today I did see a white screen as well( when I was in google chrome which was white). It happened when I was alt +tab and the game was running in the background and the thing is I could hear my friends on teamspeak and they could hear me and when i use the power button to shutdown the computer the problem goes away also it dosen't happen so often 2 time already if we don't count before installing new cpu cooler, with that 4. I played like 8 hours or something yesterday and I was alt tabing all the time and I didn't had any problems .so what I did to fix the problem that has not been worked yet

1: checking temps of cpu and gpu = both were below 80 gpu around 78 cpu 60-70
2: uninstalling the graphic drivers with DDU and installing them once again
3: trying Win + Ctrl + Shift + B

things that are minor but worth to mention i think :
1 -my computer did freeze in bios ( couldn't move the mouse one time when I was adjusting my new cpu cooler fans )
2-one time when I restarted my pc I'm not sure but I think it beeped twice ( I had headset on)
3- 9/10 of the times it happens when i'm alt tab

Last edited:
Solution
hi , I've had some problems with my cpu temp as you can see them in this thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-cpu-temp-is-100-c.3700840/#post-22300655 . However, one of the problems didn't go away, the black screen one . Today I did see a white screen as well( when I was in google chrome which was white). It happened when I was alt +tab and the game was running in the background and the thing is I could hear my friends on teamspeak and they can hear me and when i use the power button to shutdown the computer the problem goes away also it dosen't happen so often 2 time already if we don't count before installing new cpu cooler, with that 4. I played like 8 hours or something yesterday and I was alt tabing all the...
hi , I've had some problems with my cpu temp as you can see them in this thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-cpu-temp-is-100-c.3700840/#post-22300655 . However, one of the problems didn't go away, the black screen one . Today I did see a white screen as well( when I was in google chrome which was white). It happened when I was alt +tab and the game was running in the background and the thing is I could hear my friends on teamspeak and they can hear me and when i use the power button to shutdown the computer the problem goes away also it dosen't happen so often 2 time already if we don't count before installing new cpu cooler, with that 4. I played like 8 hours or something yesterday and I was alt tabing all the time and I didn't had any problems .so what I did to fix the problem that has not been worked yet

1: checking temps of cpu and gpu = both were below 80 gpu around 78 cpu 60-70
2: uninstalling the graphic drivers with DDU and installing them once again

things that are minor but worth to mention i think :
1 -my computer did freeze in bios ( couldn't move the mouse one time when I was adjusting my new cpu cooler fans )
2-one time when i restarted my pc I'm not sure but i think it beeped twice ( I had headset on)
Next time it happens try pressing this key combo:
Win + Ctrl + Shift + B
Which should reset GPU and driver.

Reactions: sia_murphy
Solution