Question I'm having issues with screen tearing/rubber banding ?

May 19, 2022
hey guys im having issues with screen tearing and rubber banding going across my screen when i play games. i purchased a new samsung oddyessy g7 monitor. and noticed the issues running in 2k. i have tried several different resolutions and adaptive sync on and off. fps capped. monitor hz capped. litterally everything i could think of. i swapped out graphics card. same issue. swapped out ram. same issue. im so lost in why this is happening. any help would be appreciated i even tried 3 different monitors same issue. could it be my cpu or mobo?
I bought everything less then a year ago. I did notice the issues a while ago and just assumed it was my monitor not being able to keep up.

specs are:

gigabyte aorus z390 mobo
i7-8700k/ never overclocked
gtx 1080/never overclocked
32gb g skill trizent z rgb ram
500gb samsung nvme ssd
1tb samsung nvme ssd
corsair h110 water cooler
ram is running 3600 mhz with xmp on.
Windows 10/ all updated

im so lost as to why this is happening.
thanks in advance

Did you enable variable refresh on the monitor AND in Nvidia settings?

Are you connected via DisplayPort cable?

What monitor are we talking about here?

What FPS cap did you set?

What game(s) did you test in? Was it online or offline gameplay?

May 19, 2022
I was using a 24 inch lg ultragear 144hz monitor.
i had freesync enabled. Its like a blurred line through the center of screen ocassionally on 2 different games. Same thing happen. And also stutter. I turned on vsync and it went away some. Game smoothed out. But still had the same issue just not as bad
Im connected with display port.
1080p. 144hz.
i also baught a samsung oddyessy g7. 144hz
Enabled adaptivr sync. Same thing. I tried running 2k. 1440p. Its even worst. Super smooth but get that tearing.
i have no clue what is going on.
temps are fine. I even swapped out my gpu with another gtx 1080. Same issue. My gpu is set to high performace in control panel. Same with cpu. There are no spikes or anything in task manager.
Gpu runs around 97% in games
Cpu is around 45%.

What FPS cap did you set?

Did you do this?
uFVAgNSqixBt6tpv6YybP8-970-80.png

May 19, 2022
Yes i have done all of that. I enabled it. Turned it off and on on monitor. I reset the monitor to deafult. I even reinstalled windows. Reset my router. Seapped ram out. Capped fps in ganes below snd above my monitor refresh rate. All same thing. I got the new monitor in hopes to run 2k. 1440p. In games. And it just does the same thing with the stutter. It comes and gos. About every 6 seconds. Mostly if im moving alot in game. And it only happens through center of my screen

May 19, 2022
this article actually helped me. i turned on variable sync and selected fast mode. and took care of about 95% of my screen tearing. i appreciate the help. thank you