[SOLVED] I'm having problems accessing local network on just one PC ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Yes. Much clearer now.

The short version being that working laptops and a PC are being used on two different all wireless networks. Network #1 for Internet and Network #2 for printing via a router shared USB printer. The networks are completely separate.

All working laptops can succesfully switch between the wireless networks, using Network #2 for dedicated printing.

The PC is unable to print via Network #2 and is the only computer unable to print on Network #2.

Very much narrows the problem down to the PC provided that the preceding sentences are correct.

First try a direct USB wired connection between PC and the Canon 6030. Verify that a direct USB connection between PC and printer does indeed work.

If not, then troubleshoot accordingly. You may need to reinstall the Canon drivers on PC. Do so by directly downloading the drivers via Canon's website. Manually install and reconfigure.

Once direct printing (PC < ----- USB cable ---- > Canon 6030 printer) is proven to be working then focus on the wireless configurations relevant to the PC and the DLink 2750U/Canon 6030.

Disconnect the wired USB connection and set PC back to Network #2.

Ensure that only the PC's wireless network adapter is enabled. (Wired adapter disabled.)

Simply first test to determine if the PC is now able to print wirelessly.

Failing to print:

1) Look in the PC's Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occurred when printing was attempted.

2) Port 631 uses tcp and udp protocols. Because all other computers can print verify that the PC is using the correct protocol to print.

Using PC's Command Prompt run "netstat". Compare the results to the results of the working (able to print) computers.

3) This:

"security option is on the 1st mode (use anonymous account) and other two are using windows OR use specific account..... and thats all.
but on my problematic pc , i see a huge box with a lot of options and on top is the Ip adress same as this one but configurable (my laptop is not so) and also a lot of other options"

On the PC take a close look at those configurable options. What each option is and what the option does.

Google, research (User Guides/Manuals) for more information.

Post what you find and learn.
i just tried to hook up printer to pc with USB and downloaded latest version of windows driver from canon website which is 2111 .
when it opens up, it ask for ways to connect and obviously i chose USB connection. but it won't install anything and says no printer is conected. kinda strange while other laptops are fine.
BUT, in device manager its ok and recognized! even i could print stuff through USB on problematic PC.

Ralston18

Titan
- The router has no problems sharing the USB printer with the laptops.

- The PC has no problems printing when it hosts the Canon printer via a direct USB connection between PC and printer.

Narrowing down to a configuration/settings issue. Either on the "printer side" of things or the "wireless side of things (PC to router).

Try to learn more by comparing laptops that can successfully wirelessly print to the router's USB shared Canon printer to the same settings on the PC.

Here is a good tutorial to help:

https://4sysops.com/archives/install-remove-list-and-set-default-printer-with-powershell/

You do not want to immediately start making changes: Simply look for some difference or differences between the "printing" laptops and the "not-printing" PC.

There will be some obvious differences: printer driver(s) being one expected difference.

Use "Get" cmdlets and use Copy/Paste to carefully move cmdlets from the article to the PS> prompt. (Avoids typos.)

Start with simple cmdlets such as:

Get-PrinterDriver

Get-PrinterPort

Objective being to simply discover some difference between the PC and that laptops - a "difference" that, for the PC, should be the same as the laptops.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
- The router has no problems sharing the USB printer with the laptops.

- The PC has no problems printing when it hosts the Canon printer via a direct USB connection between PC and printer.

Narrowing down to a configuration/settings issue. Either on the "printer side" of things or the "wireless side of things (PC to router).

Try to learn more by comparing laptops that can successfully wirelessly print to the router's USB shared Canon printer to the same settings on the PC.

Here is a good tutorial to help:

https://4sysops.com/archives/install-remove-list-and-set-default-printer-with-powershell/

You do not want to immediately start making changes: Simply look for some difference or differences between the "printing" laptops and the "not-printing" PC.

There will be some obvious differences: printer driver(s) being one expected difference.

Use "Get" cmdlets and use Copy/Paste to carefully move cmdlets from the article to the PS> prompt. (Avoids typos.)

Start with simple cmdlets such as:

Get-PrinterDriver

Get-PrinterPort

Objective being to simply discover some difference between the PC and that laptops - a "difference" that, for the PC, should be the same as the laptops.
i check it and get back to you.
so what are these commands suppose to do?
can I extract driver with this?

Ralston18

Titan
The commands are just intended for "discovery".

Comparing drivers and ports. PC to laptop(s).

Are they are intended to do is to find some difference or differences between "printing" devices and "non-printing" devices.

Especially some difference that would otherwise be expected to be identical. Especially when there are likely to be multiple differences starting with the computers (PC, laptops) themselves.

I would expect that the PC would be using a different Canon driver than the laptops. May or may not be true.

Even comparing laptops could reveal differences between the laptop community. However, even if different, if working leave it alone - no changes.

If the PC was able to successfully print via a direct PC[USB] Port to printer connection using the same driver being used by the laptops then the driver may not be the problem.

For example:

PS> Get-CimInstance -Class Win32_Printer

If you run that cmdlet on a laptop that is successully able to print to the router's USB shared Canon printer then the printer should be listed.

Run the same cmdlet on the PC. Is the printer listed?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
The commands are just intended for "discovery".

Comparing drivers and ports. PC to laptop(s).

Are they are intended to do is to find some difference or differences between "printing" devices and "non-printing" devices.

Especially some difference that would otherwise be expected to be identical. Especially when there are likely to be multiple differences starting with the computers (PC, laptops) themselves.

I would expect that the PC would be using a different Canon driver than the laptops. May or may not be true.

Even comparing laptops could reveal differences between the laptop community. However, even if different, if working leave it alone - no changes.

If the PC was able to successfully print via a direct PC[USB] Port to printer connection using the same driver being used by the laptops then the driver may not be the problem.

For example:

PS> Get-CimInstance -Class Win32_Printer

If you run that cmdlet on a laptop that is successully able to print to the router's USB shared Canon printer then the printer should be listed.

Run the same cmdlet on the PC. Is the printer listed?
excuse me but it seems i dont know what to do with those commands.
copied them but got error. ia not recognize as internal or external command

Ralston18

Titan
All of the commands are Windows Powershell.

Type "Windows Powershell" into the Type here to search box normally located in the lower left screen corner.

Run as admin.

Then at the PS> prompt type the cmdlet without quotes.

For example italized results from my computer using the cmdlet Get-Printer:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-Printer

Name ComputerName Type DriverName PortName Shared Publishe
d
---- ------------ ---- ---------- -------- ------ --------
OneNote for Windows 10 Local Microsoft Software Pri... Microsoft.Of... False False
OneNote (Desktop) Local Send to Microsoft OneN... nul: False False
Microsoft XPS Document Writer Local Microsoft XPS Document... PORTPROMPT: False False
Microsoft Print to PDF Local Microsoft Print To PDF PORTPROMPT: False False
HP9B79C2.XXXX.XXXXX.ne... Local HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 ... IP4_6bec0c1e... False False
Fax Local Microsoft Shared Fax D... SHRFAX: False False

[Note: I entered XXXX to redact identifying information.]

The results of your Get-Printer cmdlets will of course be different in some ways.

All you are interested in, for the time being, are the results of "Get-" cmdlets. "Get-" cmdlets only gather information and do not change anything.

What you are gathering is information about the non-printing PC and the printing laptops in order to make comparisons.

And looking for differences when something should be the same.

You have a Canon printer. If, for example, HP shows up then that needs further investigation.

Likewise you have Canon Model 6030 and if somewhere (may on the PC) you find some other Canon Model listed then that needs further investigation.

Or the laptops all report "True" somewhere and the PC reports "False". That is a difference. There may be a reason.

If no reason is found then that unexplained difference is a likely problem.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
All of the commands are Windows Powershell.

Type "Windows Powershell" into the Type here to search box normally located in the lower left screen corner.

Run as admin.

Then at the PS> prompt type the cmdlet without quotes.

For example italized results from my computer using the cmdlet Get-Printer:

d
OneNote for Windows 10 Local Microsoft Software Pri... Microsoft.Of... False False
OneNote (Desktop) Local Send to Microsoft OneN... nul: False False
Microsoft XPS Document Writer Local Microsoft XPS Document... PORTPROMPT: False False
HP9B79C2.XXXX.XXXXX.ne... Local HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 ... IP4_6bec0c1e... False False

[Note: I entered XXXX to redact identifying information.]

The results of your Get-Printer cmdlets will of course be different in some ways.

All you are interested in, for the time being, are the results of "Get-" cmdlets. "Get-" cmdlets only gather information and do not change anything.

What you are gathering is information about the non-printing PC and the printing laptops in order to make comparisons.

And looking for differences when something should be the same.

You have a Canon printer. If, for example, HP shows up then that needs further investigation.

Likewise you have Canon Model 6030 and if somewhere (may on the PC) you find some other Canon Model listed then that needs further investigation.

Or the laptops all report "True" somewhere and the PC reports "False". That is a difference. There may be a reason.

If no reason is found then that unexplained difference is a likely problem.
ok thanks

here is the result of PC1 (broken) which print through USB fine. i didnt change anything and i guess 2nd line is for USB prot. i will post another from my LAPTOP

PS C:\Users\Am> Get-Printer

d
Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L Local Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L USB001 False False
\\http://192.168.1.1:631\Ca... Local Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L http://192.1... False False

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
and this one is from my laptop which is working fine.... i just copy past it exactly from P.S

d
Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L Local Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L USB001 False False
\\http://192.168.1.1:631\Ca... Local Canon LBP6030/6040/6018L http://192.1... False False

Ralston18

Titan
First change the PC's "Ports" to match the laptop's "Ports".

If offered a change to do a test print then do so.

Next, as necessary, compare the other tabs between PC and laptop.

Again, look for differences but make no immediate changes.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
First change the PC's "Ports" to match the laptop's "Ports".

If offered a change to do a test print then do so.

Next, as necessary, compare the other tabs between PC and laptop.

Again, look for differences but make no immediate changes.
yea but as you can see, its grayed out and impossible to click on

Ralston18

Titan
If I am following correctly the laptop is using the "Internet Port".

The desktop is now configured to use the "Standard TCP/IP" Port"

Change/click the desktop to "Internet Port" in the "Print to the following ports" menu . Presented at the bottom of the shown list.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018

Change/click the desktop to "Internet Port" in the "Print to the following ports" menu . Presented at the bottom of the shown list.
yea but as i mentioned its grayed out and impossible to click on

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018

i solved the problem. so i write it down here maby for other people who may need it. i replied your post because you were interested so i thought maby this way you get notifications

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
solution:
it seems all i had to was having direct connection.
yes i have tried to set this as 2nd router connecting it to my main router. but it won't work even if it can share internet and DhCP is fine.

i configured it as main router and conect it to telephoneline and set PPOE and without anymore change, everything gone and problem solved and i could print through my pc....

and also thanks to the people's who tried to help me.

Last edited: