[SOLVED] I'm having problems accessing local network on just one PC ?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi.
i have a dlink 2750u as modem router and this is capable of printer server..
when i conect a printer through USB , in modem network tool, i have a IP dedicated to this modem and its like this.
192.168.1.1/printers/cannon-6030

so later under printer section i can add the printer by tcp and everything is fine.
But here is my problem:
only on my PC (pc 1), i am not able to access this IP address. i'm able to add this as a printer but i won't work. also if i copy past it to adress bar, i get no response from server error....
while on my other PCs or laptop (pc 2-4), i am able to use the printer and also if i copy that adress to adress bar, the page keep refreshing or giving an error like server is busy or connection reset. but thing is , it works and print as well ...

What I have tried:
  • Reset the modem by the pin under it and reconfigure it
  • Reinstall Windows 10
  • Reinstall Windows 11
  • Downloaded different driver version for printer
  • Disable Windows Firewall
Also need to mention this PC is brand new....

Ralston18

Titan
What specific printer model? Do you have the applicable User Guide/Manual?

= = = =

Reference (from your post):

"192.168.1.1/printers/cannon-6030"

Typo? "Canon" vs "Cannon". Common mismatch.

On one of the computers that can successfully print to the Canon printer being shared via the DLink 2750 ( IP = 192.168.1.1 - correct?) go into Device Manager.

Find the printer (ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked via the View Tab). Check how the printer is configured on that computer.

Then do the same on your (not able to print) computer.

Compare the configurations.

Key is to identify some difference that is applicable to why your PC cannot print and other network PCs can print.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
What specific printer model? Do you have the applicable User Guide/Manual?

= = = =

Reference (from your post):

"192.168.1.1/printers/cannon-6030"

Typo? "Canon" vs "Cannon". Common mismatch.

On one of the computers that can successfully print to the Canon printer being shared via the DLink 2750 ( IP = 192.168.1.1 - correct?) go into Device Manager.

Find the printer (ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked via the View Tab). Check how the printer is configured on that computer.

Then do the same on your (not able to print) computer.

Compare the configurations.

Key is to identify some difference that is applicable to why your PC cannot print and other network PCs can print.
seems i made mistake. canon lbp 6030 none wifi edition. but the address is correct. and my modem IP is 192.168.1.1.... also i can connect to that IP with PC1 and configure stuff but as i mentioned, i cant access another full Ip address for printer.

edit:
i am on that page you mentioned with show hidden one, there are 4 tab and 1st is general and location is : On USB printing support...
i guess its from the one time i did connect my printer with direct USB to this laptop.... and unfortunately i cant find any other printer here

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
hi.
i have a dlink 2750u as modem router and this is capable of printer server..
when i conect a printer through USB , in modem network tool, i have a IP dedicated to this modem and its like this.
192.168.1.1/printers/cannon-6030

so later under printer section i can add the printer by tcp and everything is fine.
here is my problem.
only on my PC (pc 1), i am not able to access this IP address. i'm able to add this as a printer but i won't work. also if i copy past it to adress bar, i get no response from server error....
while on my other PCs or laptop (pc 2-4), i am able to use the printer and also if i copy that adress to adress bar, the page keep refreshing or giving an error like server is busy or connection reset. but thing is , it work and print as well ...
what have i done?
1-reset the modem by the pin under it and reconfigure it....
2-reinstall windows10
3- reinstall windows 11
4- downloaded different driver version for printer.
5-disable windows firewall.

also need to mention this pc is brand new....
Start by running ipconfig.exe /all and post the results.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Start by running ipconfig.exe /all and post the results.

hi,
here is the result

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D.........................
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd70::6c73:7ff4:18ef:5349(Preferred)
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd70::b7de:bf65:a036:c357(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe70::a9c4:74c4:370:4194%21(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 14, 2023 2:22:15 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 14, 2023 2:22:15 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::aa63:7dff:fec6:ec60%21
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 368615060
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-2B-6D-5A-B5-A0-36-BC-AA-13-90
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

kanewolf

Titan
hi,
here is the result

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D.........................
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd70::6c73:7ff4:18ef:5349(Preferred)
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd70::b7de:bf65:a036:c357(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe70::a9c4:74c4:370:4194%21(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::aa63:7dff:fec6:ec60%21
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 368615060
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-2B-6D-5A-B5-A0-36-BC-AA-13-90
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Just to simplify things, I would recommend disabling IPv6 on your laptop. It probably won't change anything, but you never know.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Now I am confused. Is the 2750 NOT your primary router? If not how is it connected to the rest of the network ?
no its not...
its just alone router conected to the printer through usb port... i named the WiFi: Printer. and when i need to print something, i turn that + printer ON and print stuff then i turn it off..
also the reason i badly need the wifi to work is because two laptop is on 3rd floor and 2 other on the 2nd floor so basically i need it to work or i have problem

kanewolf

Titan
no its not...
its just alone router conected to the printer through usb port... i named the WiFi: Printer. and when i need to print something, i turn that + printer ON and print stuff then i turn it off..
also the reason i badly need the wifi to work is because two laptop is on 3rd floor and 2 other on the 2nd floor so basically i need it to work or i have problem
Have you considered using this as an access point with an ethernet connection from your primary router to a LAN port on the 2750 and disabling the DHCP server? That way your laptop would have access from all WIFI in your house.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Have you considered using this as an access point with an ethernet connection from your primary router to a LAN port on the 2750 and disabling the DHCP server? That way your laptop would have access from all WIFI in your house.
actually i did.
but unfortunately this router doesn't support wds and can't act as range extender.
so i need to connect it directly through LAN port.... main router is on another floor and wires is not an option. and also i have a TP-Link router that can act as a range extender so i use that one for this...
although the quality is not that good ! i dont know if its normal for range of extender to destroy ping or its the router that is broken somehow

kanewolf

Titan
actually i did.
but unfortunately this router doesn't support wds and can't act as range extender.
so i need to connect it directly through LAN port.... main router is on another floor and wires is not an option. and also i have a TP-Link router that can act as a range extender so i use that one for this...
although the quality is not that good ! i dont know if its normal for range of extender to destroy ping or its the router that is broken somehow
If you are going to use this as an isolated network, the first thing I would do is make sure it has a different IP range than your primary network. If your primary router is 192.168.1.1 then I would set this one to 192.168.10.1 or 99.1. Just make sure it is different. Windows could be confused if this DHCP server is the same as your real DHCP server.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
If you are going to use this as an isolated network, the first thing I would do is make sure it has a different IP range than your primary network. If your primary router is 192.168.1.1 then I would set this one to 192.168.10.1 or 99.1. Just make sure it is different. Windows could be confused if this DHCP server is the same as your real DHCP server.
i thought of that as well.
i set it to 1.100 once and other network is 1.1
it didn't matter so i just reset the modem for something and this Time i didnt do anything.

you know what made me confused? why 3 other systems are fine and only this pc? even i disabled my windows firewall. didn't work.
also i am able to log to 192.168.1.1 on broken PC so i dont think path is blocked.

also , my motherboard have a built-in WiFi adapter, i thought maybe its something to do with wifi-6 and this router is only wifi N so i used two wifi N adapter i have and same problem

kanewolf

Titan
i thought of that as well.
i set it to 1.100 once and other network is 1.1
it didn't matter so i just reset the modem for something and this Time i didnt do anything.

you know what made me confused? why 3 other systems are fine and only this pc? even i disabled my windows firewall. didn't work.
also i am able to log to 192.168.1.1 on broken PC so i dont think path is blocked.

also , my motherboard have a built-in WiFi adapter, i thought maybe its something to do with wifi-6 and this router is only wifi N so i used two wifi N adapter i have and same problem
To be a separate subnet the THIRD digit needs to be different. Not the last digit.
Is the network set to PUBLIC rather than PRIVATE ?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
To be a separate subnet the THIRD digit needs to be different. Not the last digit.
no its private.... though i used all mode ..

by the way, after installing fresh windows 11, i didn't log to main network. and as first connection, i tried Print wifi network. (before confusing windows) if it was the case...

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
is there any way to share a picture?
i just figured out something.
though laptop is on 21h2 and pc is 22h2.

when i chose the printer, and then printer properties> it open a page with 8 tab. on tab 3 (ports) there is a port for canon with IP address.
then i chose configuration ,a page pops up.... its completely different from what i see on my laptop.
on my laptop i see a small Pop up window:
192.168.1.1:631/printers/canon-6030
security option is on the 1st mode (use anonymous account) and other two are using windows OR use specific account..... and thats all.
but on my problematic pc , i see a huge box with a lot of options and on top is the Ip adress same as this one but configurable (my laptop is not so) and also a lot of other options that i should get back to that pc because i don't remember it know....
is there any way to transfer exact setting and driver from my laptop to my pC?

Ralston18

Titan
From ipconfig /all (Post #5):

That is not what I would expect. The date and times should not be the same.

Connected devices are being forced to continually request DHCP IP addresses.

Set the lease expiration time to be at least 24 hours. No harm with using the max allowed time. For example: 168 hours (one week).

Router/Gateway with the 192.168.1.1 IP adddress.

Or whichever router is providing network DHCP IP addresses to network devices.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
From ipconfig /all (Post #5):

That is not what I would expect. The date and times should not be the same.

Connected devices are being forced to continually request DHCP IP addresses.

Set the lease expiration time to be at least 24 hours. No harm with using the max allowed time. For example: 168 hours (one week).

Router/Gateway with the 192.168.1.1 IP adddress.

Or whichever router is providing network DHCP IP addresses to network devices.
how can i set that? on DHCP setting?
there is only one router and its not connected neither to another router nor to internet directly....
i use it as if it add Wifi option to my printer.

Ralston18

Titan
12 hours lease. Noted.

My error - apologies.

This Dlink router?

https://www.dlinkmea.com/partner/me...dables/9146-DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_v1.00(ET).pdf

Lease times (now moot) being configured per physically numbered Page 61.

= = = =

However, I am still not sure about the overall configuration.

Line diagram as I understand the network (where ---- > represents an Ethernet cable):

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> Wired devices and ~~ wireless ~~> Wireless devices including the DLink 2750u

And on the wireless ~~~>D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->Canon 6030 printer.

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

What IP addresses are being used by the Main Router and the D-Link 2750u (the latter being 192.168.1.1)?

This Dlink router?

https://www.dlinkmea.com/partner/me...dables/9146-DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_v1.00(ET).pdf

And the printer configured per Page 84, etc.?

To share a picture use imgur (www.imgur.com). Note the green "New Post" icon currently in the upper left corner of the imgur website.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
12 hours lease. Noted.

My error - apologies.

This Dlink router?

= = = =

Line diagram as I understand the network (where ---- > represents an Ethernet cable):

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> Wired devices and ~~ wireless ~~> Wireless devices including the DLink 2750u

And on the wireless ~~~>D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->Canon 6030 printer.

What IP addresses are being used by the Main Router and the D-Link 2750u (the latter being 192.168.1.1)?

This Dlink router?

To share a picture use imgur (www.imgur.com). Note the green "New Post" icon currently in the upper left corner of the imgur website.
12 hours lease. Noted.

My error - apologies.

This Dlink router?

= = = =

This Dlink router?

d
12 hours lease. Noted.

My error - apologies.

This Dlink router?

= = = =

This Dlink router?

Dlink 2750u so its the second one.....
here is my network diagram:
2750u is Not conected to neither DSL line nor any other network through WAN port.
its a local network that inuse for just this printer. after printing is done, i switch to my other network and use internet.

imagine a router new out of the box since i reset it through Pin hole under it...
then i reconfigure the login page password and IP address is 192.168.1.1. after that i set a password for WiFi network.... didn't touch anything else... then i conected my USB port from printer cable to back of the 2750u and it instantly recognize the printer model under Network tool> printer > it show a box with enabled option and also this ip address: 192.168.1.1:631/printers/canon-6030

later i went to windows printer and other devices> add new printer > search manually > a page opens with 4 option and both option 2 or 3 can do the trick on my laptops. and at end it give me a fertig massage with an option to print a test page. of course its not working on my pC and works fine on my Laptops.
out of curiosity , i reset the modem and deleted printer on my laptop and tried this once more. everything was OK. following same path on my PC , it doesn't! and as i mentioned on above post, i did also reinstall windows 10 , same problem, then reinstall windows 11 22h2 , same problem.

now , all i think of is, if there is a way to collect only driver for printer and other printer settings from one of my working laptops and somehow transfer it to my pC and restore it

Ralston18

Titan
Think of the network this way:

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> Wired devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~> D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->[USB Port]Canon 6030 printer.

The Dlink router being part of the entire network. Not a separate three device (PC, Dlink, Printer) wireless network.

Maybe the diagram is more like this:

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> PC and other wired devices?

with

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> Main/same Floor wireless devices

and

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> 2nd Floor working laptops

and

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> 3rd Floor working laptops

and

|~~~~Main Router wireless ~> D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->[USB Port]Canon 6030 printer. Which floor? Shareable to all network computers needing to print.

Where in the line diagram is the PC that will not print to the DLink's Canon 6030 USB printer?

Feel free to copy and paste the bold text and edit the text to correctly show the network.

What are the current IP addresses for the Modem, the Main Router (make and model), and the DLink router?

The modem's IP address was given as 192.168.1.1, as is/was the Dlink. Not sure about the Main router - and you also mentioned a TP-Link router. Is that router connected in somewhere? If so, show where and provide the IP address.

No network devices should have the same IP address.

Network layout and configuration must be fully understood.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
I
Think of the network this way:

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> Wired devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~> D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->[USB Port]Canon 6030 printer.

The Dlink router being part of the entire network. Not a separate three device (PC, Dlink, Printer) wireless network.

Maybe the diagram is more like this:

ISP == = (DSL, Coax, Fiber) ===> Modem --->[WAN port] Main Router [LAN ports] ----> PC and other wired devices?

with

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> Main/same Floor wireless devices

and

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> 2nd Floor working laptops

and

| ~~~Main Router wireless ~> 3rd Floor working laptops

and

|~~~~Main Router wireless ~> D-link 2750u [USB port] ----USB cable ---->[USB Port]Canon 6030 printer. Which floor? Shareable to all network computers needing to print.

Where in the line diagram is the PC that will not print to the DLink's Canon 6030 USB printer?

Feel free to copy and paste the bold text and edit the text to correctly show the network.

What are the current IP addresses for the Modem, the Main Router (make and model), and the DLink router?

The modem's IP address was given as 192.168.1.1, as is/was the Dlink. Not sure about the Main router - and you also mentioned a TP-Link router. Is that router connected in somewhere? If so, show where and provide the IP address.

No network devices should have the same IP address.

Network layout and configuration must be fully understood.
network number 1 ...ISP> Tplink 9960 > TP link Ac750 > Local wifi network With internet

network number 2 > NO internet and completely isolated> Dlink 2750U+ USB Canon printer > another local WiFi network with separate Name and actually the name is (printer)

was this the answer to your question?

and when i want to print stuff, i conect to network number two.... when job done, i switch back to network number one....

All laptops and my pc are conected through WiFi and there is no wire connection except 2750u+USB canon printer

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. Much clearer now.

The short version being that working laptops and a PC are being used on two different all wireless networks. Network #1 for Internet and Network #2 for printing via a router shared USB printer. The networks are completely separate.

All working laptops can succesfully switch between the wireless networks, using Network #2 for dedicated printing.

The PC is unable to print via Network #2 and is the only computer unable to print on Network #2.

Very much narrows the problem down to the PC provided that the preceding sentences are correct.

First try a direct USB wired connection between PC and the Canon 6030. Verify that a direct USB connection between PC and printer does indeed work.

If not, then troubleshoot accordingly. You may need to reinstall the Canon drivers on PC. Do so by directly downloading the drivers via Canon's website. Manually install and reconfigure.

Once direct printing (PC < ----- USB cable ---- > Canon 6030 printer) is proven to be working then focus on the wireless configurations relevant to the PC and the DLink 2750U/Canon 6030.

Disconnect the wired USB connection and set PC back to Network #2.

Ensure that only the PC's wireless network adapter is enabled. (Wired adapter disabled.)

Simply first test to determine if the PC is now able to print wirelessly.

Failing to print:

1) Look in the PC's Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occurred when printing was attempted.

2) Port 631 uses tcp and udp protocols. Because all other computers can print verify that the PC is using the correct protocol to print.

Using PC's Command Prompt run "netstat". Compare the results to the results of the working (able to print) computers.

3) This:

"security option is on the 1st mode (use anonymous account) and other two are using windows OR use specific account..... and thats all.
but on my problematic pc , i see a huge box with a lot of options and on top is the Ip adress same as this one but configurable (my laptop is not so) and also a lot of other options"

On the PC take a close look at those configurable options. What each option is and what the option does.

Google, research (User Guides/Manuals) for more information.

Post what you find and learn.